Wrapping Traditions/Rituals

EmConMom

I wrap as I go. In the past I purchase X-mas wrap from the school fundraisers so I have a unique variety. I have purchased enough in past to last me the next 5 years. Each person gifts are wrapped with different X-mas paper and I rotate the X-mas paper so there are as many different kinds as possible. I have started to collect the Sunday Comic section as additional wrapping paper. I usually use the comics through out the year for B-days, Anniversarys, and at X-mas time. I also plan one last day about a week before X-mas to do any final shopping and I also pick up little extras items then too. I go home turn on the radio or put on CD's and turn up the volume have a wrap and jam session.

I wrap everything in shiny paper with bows and ribbons and such. (I think that is because I always wanted shiny paper as a kid but the matte stuff is cheaper and "just got ripped off and thrown away anyway" according to my mom.) Now that my son no longer "believes" we can put out family gifts under the family tree. (Unless our annual Christmas open house is before Christmas Day. Then they stay in the closet out of respect for our little family members and Santa Clause) My husband and I each save a day to take off in Dec. We buy stocking stuffers and have lunch together and then come home and I wrap my son's presents.

Extended family presents go under the school tree. Presents for coworkers go under the foyer tree.

I try to wrap a few presents every night while watching tv.

I usually wrap a little at a time. Usually during school hours. I don't trust my 10 to stay asleep if I was wrapping. He doesn't usually get awake once he's asleep, but I'm not taking any chances! :gdparanoid: I have a lot of closets, and a few rooms that he doesn't go in so the smaller stuff is fairly easy to hide. A computer is going to be a little difficult, so I think that will stay at his brothers house until after Christmas Eve is over, then bring it in once I am sure he is asleep.

Everyone gets their own paper, and of course Santa has different paper than the rest. :holiday02

Now if I could manage to get through a wrapping session without loosing the scissors and/or tape, inkpen, I would be thrilled. :yay: