Lay away and Black Friday

glo

you should go and ask the store manager if you put something in layaway and then it goes on sale do you get the new sale price. odds are you will but it doesnt hurt to ask. and if they say that you can get the sale price then on BF go when you go in (if you are an early morn shopper) go back to lay away and do it right awy before there is a 2hr line.

I asked specifically about this issue. They said that unlike most specials, Black Friday prices will not be automatically adjusted. However...here's the good part. If you have items in layaway prior to BF, all you have to do is take your items out prior to the end of the sale...then they will adjust the price according to the ad.

So, just put the items off the ad that you want into layaway before this Sunday and you're good :cheesy:

I put a 32 inch flat screen HDTV on layaway last month. On Black friday it goes from being $845 to $ 598. Will they let me take mine off layaway Black Friday and get the sale price?

Don't get too excited. I can almost guarantee that the one you have on LAW and the one for BF are not the same one. At the very least they will have two different UPC numbers.

You dont have to pick it up but you do have to be there during the sale time and ask for the discount price. I checked again today and was told that the price does not automatically adjust, you have to request it.

If you ask them to check and see if anything is on sale that you have on layway they will check for you. Is it just for that week of if its been on sale since you started layaway??

Don't get too excited. I can almost guarantee that the one you have on LAW and the one for BF are not the same one. At the very least they will have two different UPC numbers.

I think you are correct with that for the tvs I went today to look for the 32 and the 42 that name was no where to be found. I even asked for the tv by name and they didn't have any in stock. If you have the stock # they can look it up for you. I got the psp though. Even if you don't put it in layaway and buy it you can get a price adjustment within 7 days. But you must do that before 11am.:yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

I was told to just keep all my sales ads (including walmart's) and I could bring it in anytime by Dec 8th and they will adjust the price. S. Illinois

just to be safe, I'd see if you can get it in writing...a lot of the BF ads are very specific that the sale price is only for Friday and only from like 6am-11am...our walmart will NOT pm if it's past that sale time...

for example: my stuff in LAW, I was told that I had to take it OUT on BF to get the price adjustments because they aren't allowing anyone to put BF items IN to LAW...so if I went and got the PM, it would show that day, but if I went back the next day to take them out, the BF price wouldn't be there...now it may be a bunch of bull...but I don't want to take that chance, I asked several people at our store, and they all said the same thing :no:

I was told they will not price match the Wal Mart BF ad for stuff I had on LAW, but they would price the other stores as long as I brought the ad in during the sale period. They said I could either make a payment on it or take it out that day -- it didn't matter.

I put a 32 inch flat screen HDTV on layaway last month. On Black friday it goes from being $845 to $ 598. Will they let me take mine off layaway Black Friday and get the sale price?

It looks like this TV is the one they have online now. Shipping is almost $25, but $622 is still way better than $845 if you're worried about getting one on BF.

All of you who plan to PM your Walmart LAW might want to call back and check on it. I was in my WM today and was adding to my LAW and just said I wanted to confirm I had to come in during the early birds to PM and the lady so "Oh our mgr just decided today that LAW will not be open on BF so no PM On LAW on BF." I was very mad because I have over $1K in LAW and was told I could do this by the LAW dept. She said I would have to talk to the mgr. I called him and he was not noncommittal but said I could check with him that morning and he would look at what I had and decide but would not guarantee anything. He said I should not be using LAW to PM. I thought WM wanted you to bring your business to them instead of other stores. Oh well, I am going to go to the stores that will have the main thing I want (PSP) then go to WM about my LAW. That sucks b/c I dont know if he will do it and need to know before BF so I know how to plan my shopping day.

I had called 2 weeks ago, I called 5 different WM about this very thing. 3 here in CT and 2 in MA (since we live on the state line). All 5 said the same thing, that I can PM when I pick up my LAW. Because of the previous post, I called back the stores... all 5 will be open BF and all said I can PM when I pick up. I know all stores are different but this is just my experience

I have always got 3 or 4 layaways going at walmart having three kids and 3 grandkids. You should always ask them to scsan your receipt on pickup and they will adjust all prices. I have actually gottn money back doing this. I will this time because i have gba games on layaway and walmart here marked all 20 dollar ones to 5 yesterday.

I just talked to our layaway dept. and they said that since layaway is being phased out today that their computers will not be able to give the sale prices on BF items in LAW. She said that normally it would automatically find the sale price and give it to you but that their computers will not be updating prices after today. I live in Oklahoma so I don't know if this is regional but since everyone is phasing out LAW I wouls thin kit would be the same everywhere. BTW I got my BF ad in today and I will scan it in and post it in the correct forum as soon as I get it done. It looks like all of the items are the same as the one up now but some prices are a little lower or a little higher but that may be a regional thing as walmarts have diferent prices all over the country (I travel to Oregon every christmas and know this to be true). Good Luck!