Super Walmarts: What time to do you get there to wait on BF?

pmward725

I was there for the laptop last year, and you were safe as late as 4:30. I think the last claimed spot was taken a few minutes before 5. Seems fair to me.

Only thing that sucked was they had us all seated and they were handing the laptops out, but then a few people stood up and a bunch of people jumped line all at once.

most of the time I get there around 330ish last year about 415..this year depending on the ad I might have to make it a 2am trip.. I live on a military base and wally world is just a mile off post.. its a good thing a lot of ppl go "home" for turkey day.. I hope a lot more went this year! WOO! for t-giving at my house this year!!!!!!!

I wonder about the bike..... how does that work at the 24 hour stores? If it is worth it, I could go to the closest 24 hour store in order to get one of the bikes. My brother really really wants one.

Just wanted to let you know that TRU will have a sale tomorrow from 6am till noon... they have a

15 Speed Mountain Bikes

Choose from boys/girls

24" or 26"

Guest JeepMom

i contacted my walmart they are 24 hours. the told me that since they are closed for thanksgiving they will open at 5am on friday

That's a load of crap. They open at 12:01am. My MIL works there.

I've gone to Black Friday WM sales for years, all over the country (whereever I happen to be on vacation at the time!) and have never gotten there before a few minutes before opening. And I've always gotten what I went for, no problems.

My DH and I also get to our WM (not SC :() about 4:45am every year since it's usually our first stop. We've always gotten what we went for. Of course, we don't usually go for the big items (tv, laptop, etc), so that may make a difference. We got there at 5:15 last year and still got a GBA. This year we need 2 of the port. DVD players, so I plan to be there no later than 4:45. That's the only big(-ish) ticket item we are after. The rest is clothing, DVDs, etc.

This is one time that I'm happy to live in (actually, near) a smallish town :D

Last year here in va- 24hr store, 0300 got there; 0430 mgr firgures where people were to line up (in front of a pallet or at a makeshift desk for an index card); 0500 sale starts; 0520 hundreds of people waiting to check out; 0600 load items around back of store & depart.

I get there about 4:30 and pick up smaller (not so WOW) items and put in my cart, also locate bigger items that I'm interested in (I bring my daughter) and I post myself near one and her near the other to wait for the 'ribbon cutting' (they have the big items wrapped in cellaphane so you can't touch them till 5) and then we grap those items we think are hottest and move on to others. The best part of this is you're not waiting outside and then have to locate items you want. I've always gotten all the items I want because through the cellaphane you can see if they have a lot or a little of the items you want to buy and you line up at the ones they have the least of first.

The walmart here doesn't close so we can be nebby!!! We will get there at 2:30. Going to the prime outlets first at 12:00 am!!!

I leave near the prime outlets and plan on going to those first at midnight then head over to the Walmart. I have never tried Walmart on Black Friday. Do you leave in small town like me. I wondered how early to get to Walmart.