XBOX 360 $100 Rebate - Microcenter

ljonesATL

Purchased from 11-12-2006 to 12-3-2006 and redeem within 15 days of purchase.

I just got mine, next stop is Best Buy after work for Gears of War. This promotion is to promote Microcenters new Game Department.

I have links to the pdfs of the rebate form. But you can search microcenter rebate and find the rebate page in google.

Purchased from 11-12-2006 to 12-3-2006 and redeem within 15 days of purchase.

I just got mine, next stop is Best Buy after work for Gears of War. This promotion is to promote Microcenters new Game Department.

I have links to the pdfs of the rebate form. But you can search microcenter rebate and find the rebate page in google.

That's a great deal. I don't think we have any microcenters here in Dallas.

Target has a deal too on the XBOX 360 - buy one and get a $50.00 Target Gift Card - I'm thinking about this offer.

That's a great deal. I don't think we have any microcenters here in Dallas.

Target has a deal too on the XBOX 360 - buy one and get a $50.00 Target Gift Card - I'm thinking about this offer.

Yes there is it is located off of Central and Midpark near LBJ. I just purchased a premium Xbox 360 and the rebate receipt printed out at the register. I went ahead and bought the 1 year replacement extended warranty as well. Went over to Costco and got Gears of War for $52.00. Excellent deal they still had plenty left but if you want one you had better hurry.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is Dec 9, hasn't even been a f'n month! i'm sending my piece of crap 360 in for repairs. Warning!!!!!!!!! If i could go back, I would have not gotten this damn thing and just tried to find a Wii. Mine crashed while playing gears of war. Comes on, the second i press the XBOX logo button, system locks up.

Microsoft is a joke. Thats why i use Macs, better quality. They all about that $. Not quality product.

So, think about this before you run and buy one. Oh, and they are making me PAY TO SHIP IT TO TEXAS FOR THE F'N REPAIR! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT! F MICROSOFT!

Guest Deals4Mommy

Today is Dec 9, hasn't even been a f'n month! i'm sending my piece of crap 360 in for repairs. Warning!!!!!!!!! If i could go back, I would have not gotten this darn thing and just tried to find a Wii. Mine crashed while playing gears of war. Comes on, the second i press the XBOX logo button, system locks up.

Microsoft is a joke. Thats why i use Macs, better quality. They all about that $. Not quality product.

So, think about this before you run and buy one. Oh, and they are making me PAY TO SHIP IT TO TEXAS FOR THE F'N REPAIR! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT! F MICROSOFT!

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I was thinking about getting the 360 as well, just because of that rebate. I've been hearing nothing but good things about the 360. I even heard it was BETTER than the PS3. All the problems, I hear, were with the first batch that came out and that everything should be fixed, by now.

But, then again, my kids have the original XBox and it hasn't been working for a year.

Instead of paying to ship it to them, I would take it back to the store and get an exchange. If you bought an extended warranty, it should be a store warranty like Circuit City, Target, etc. Those stores will replace the item within the extended warranty period.

Guest Deals4Mommy
You make a good point about using the computer to play video games. I don't have a Mac, but I imagine a Dell with Windows XP Media Center would work just fine. We have an upgraded graphics card and all the other stuff, just never use it. Pay all this money for a computer and only use 20% of its programs...LOL. The same thing happened with my first computer, 7 years ago. Should have learned my lesson then.

Today is Dec 9, hasn't even been a f'n month! i'm sending my piece of crap 360 in for repairs. Warning!!!!!!!!! If i could go back, I would have not gotten this darn thing and just tried to find a Wii. Mine crashed while playing gears of war. Comes on, the second i press the XBOX logo button, system locks up.

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck.

When it comes to video game consoles, it really is wise to get one of those product replacement plans. So if you’re gonna try and get a Wii, I’d give some thought to buying a PRP with it.

Nintendo generally has the best reputation as far as durability/reliability goes. Followed buy Microsoft’s Xbox and in a distant, distant third are Sony’s playstations (1 and 2, anyway). I’ve owned an Xbox since it launched and a Gamecube since mid-2002 and I haven’t had any trouble with either of those. Conversely, I’ve owned a PS2 for about 2 years now and have already had to replace it twice. Thank god for the replacement plans, lol.

BTW, how long is the return window where you bought your 360? You said it hadn’t even been a month since you bought it. Couldn’t you just return it there instead of having to ship it for repairs? After all, you probably just got a dud 360. You might have better luck with a new one. That is, assuming that you’re not too frustrated with the 360 to try it again.