K's Merchandise

jdrd90

I think they are all closing, the one here will be closed by Jan. 07. There are some good deals now but they should get better by Dec. I am not a big K's fan, but if the price is right! :D

Yes they ALL are closing. They filed Bankruptcy. Still waiting on a good deal there.

K's Merchandise is closing in my area ( So. Illinois) and they had tons of Barbie TMX elmo's ($19.97)and FP pink digital cameras ($52.00) and 25% off of everything.

JDRD80: I used to live there! (moved cross country a little over a year ago) I can't believe they are closing. I wonder what that will mean for the mall?

I have to say though, since I have moved I haven't missed Ks. I do, however, miss Thai Taste. I miss that badly!

Make sure to check the prices. I work at a K's, and once the store went into liquidation, most of the prices were raised (due to the liquidation company, not K's management). At the store that I work in, the FP Digital Cameras are $69.97, so even with the 25% off, it would still be cheaper to get it at Target. The only deal that is half decent right now is that the patio furniture is 70% off.

This is probably a dumb question...

What is K's???

K's Merchandise is a chain of about 19 privately owned stores located in Illinois, Iowa and Indiana. The entire chain of stores is closing after 50 years. It was taken over by a liquidation company called Gordon Brothers in early spring - and they are the ones that raised all the prices before the big "liquidation sale" started.