What to get the inlaws

DH parents are in the late 70's, have everything since they have 7 kids who get them gifts for each holiday, birthday , anniversary.. What the heck am I going to get them. Last year we got them GC to thier favorite places to eat . They loved it. Would it be tacky to do it again this year :confused:

My parents are the same way. GC's are always good and they get used. As for me, I like to put a little extra touch then just in a box or a card. For my parents I have made them a gift basket of my own. I make it all. I get a large basket put in a fabric to match the holidays and fill it. I have included, movies they like, books, gift certificates for either places to eat or stores they visit, munchies, little photo frames, etc... Anything they like or could be used. I have made them one XL for them both to use and I have made them individual one to suit thier personal likings. Once the basket is complete I use shrink wrap for baskets and that is it. It gives it a personal touch. Just a suggestion. Hopefully it might help.

i would doe a giftcard / gift basket. exp buy two movie tcks and a bag of microwave popcorn. say you get olive garden ( or any itailan place) add a box of pasta. you get where im going, do several of these and they will appricate the time you took to think of them

Dh's family is the same way. His dad and stepmom have 8 kids buying for them. Last year we all went in together and got them a one really big gift. This year we are getting digital picture frames that hold like 500 pictures and the picture changes every min or so. If we didnt think of the frames we were gonna go back to gift cards.

Melissa

My in-laws are the same and we have done gift cards for a couple of years, even the kids give them gift cards. This year we decided we were going to buy them a present. All my kids and I went together and we are getting them a wooden yard swing with the frame. My MIL mentioned wanting one about a year ago but has never bought one.( which surprised me) I know they will enjoy it. We are all excited about giving it to them. However next year we will probably do gift cards again because they are so hard.

My in-laws had several children who got them lots of nice things, but they were never financially very well off, so my husband and I gave them money each Christmas to do or get what they wanted. They were extremely appreciative of it. Everyone's situation is different tho.

I to go the GC route. They each get there own gift cards They get them to places they like to eat local stores so they can go shopping my fIL gets gas cards.. Do they enoy reading the news paper how about paying for that for them. If you MIL is in her 70 how about paying someone to come in her house once a week to help her clean the things she might not beable to do any more.

i would say the gc is not tacky...but with all those family members i would wonder if you can all pitch in and do/get soemthign really nice.. and since my dad comes on this site i cant say my favorite idea... hmm maybe you can get something like...repairs done,or a certain piece of furniture.. a new driveway... ect. the hard part with that is everyone has to agree,and the person who actually pays for it has to trust the others to all give thier share or they will end up stuck paying it(now that had happened to us once)