How many years previously have you gone Black Friday shopping?

MarkRaby

How many years previously have you gone Black Friday shopping?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many years previously have you gone Black Friday shopping?

• Zero. This will be my first one!
    • Once before. I'm just learning the tricks of the trade.
    • 2 - 4 times before. It's becoming a tradition for me.
    • 5 - 8 times before. I know all the shortcuts inside Wal-Mart!
    • 9 - 12 times before. Black Friday has become a large part of my life.
    • 13+ times before. I'm a Black Friday master!

This question seems to come up every year, so I thought I'd get it up here ASAP (apologies if this has already been asked! I couldn't find anything using a simple search). I'm also curious to see how many first-timers we have here. With four Black Fridays under my belt, I'm actually beginning to feel a bit like a Black Friday veteran. Of course, my first Black Friday included getting a JC Penney snowglobe, waiting 2.5 hours in Best Buy's line for a $5 PS2 game and a $40 portable TV, and then going to Radio Shack for a $5 M&M radio. But this year will mark my first really big Black Friday. It's all been growing up to this point, to now where I actually have a good income and can spend, spend, spend! :lolrun:

I *think* this will be my 6th year, although last year I didn't go until later because there wasn't anything I had to have from the door busters.

Kind of enjoyed sleeping in...might just get to this year too....but then again I do enjoy the chaos! lol

I started in 1986. OF course, back then there was no internet leaking ads before Thanksgiving Day newspapers delivered the ads. So, we'd spend part of the day plotting buying strategies....where to go, where to avoid. And the lines were nothing like today. Didn't have to spend 9 hours in line before the doors opened to get the doorbusters, either.

Kinda miss those days.......but then again, while it's a bit of a pain from the cold and weather, it is a bit more interesting!