No need to wait in line

danderson101

For some items (example- 1 gig sd memory card for $3 after rebates at CC) the easiest thing to do is to go ahead and buy the item now, then return it on bf and get the lower price. The folks at the CC I went to said this was ok. In addition, I had no problem doing this last year at compusa for an external hard drive.

I doubt that you will be able to get the BF price at 4pm. You would only be able to get it during the BF hours- if you are talking about doorbusters with limited hours.....

That particular item- the 1 gig sd memory card is available all day friday and sat- as are many more items that will probably be gone by 6am friday. Nice to know you have it already.

Yep, most of the doorbusters either have different UPC codes or aren't even put out until BF. Therefore, there's nothing to PM. It might work for the OP's SD card, but I doubt it would work for anything of great significance. Also, have fun waiting in line trying to do this on BF -- they're probably not going to have too many employees available for returns that day.

I'm going to do this for Kohl's cuz I refuse to stand out in the cold...LOL! I even called and asked the manager. She said yes I could buy things on Wednesday, return them on Friday during the sale hours and rebuy them.

You don't know what you're getting yourself into LOL! I've done this at Kohl's for non-Black-Friday deals, and let me tell you what a PITA it is!!! Kohl's doesn't have an easy way of doing price adjustments (Mervyn's, for example, just scans the bar, looks it up and does an adjustment). For some reason, Kohl's has to do an individual return on each item.

I've had a 6 item price adjustment take fifteen minutes at Kohl's!