Playo 60pk DVD Media $2.98 AER

Gurnee Al

Doorbuster. 60pk of DVD+R or DVD-R $2.98 after $25 Staples Easy Rebate. Limit one. Bring in an empty ink cartridge (HP, Lexmark or Dell) and get another $3 off to make the DVDs free after rebate! Anyone have any experience with the Playo brand??

I did not like my Playo discs that I got last year. I had a half of pack that would not burn or they would burn and would not read.:yuck:

And I lost my reciept so I actually paid just the sale price.:eyepoppin

How do these compare to the HP brand that is offered? The HP is quite a bit more expensive.

In my experience, things recorded to "name brand" DVDs: HP, Verbatim, Sony, TDK, etc. (brands you "know") will last for the long-haul.

Lesser-brands such as RiData, Playo, AVB, etc. will last less than a month after recording.

I use lesser-brands for DVDRing television shows since I'll typically watch it within a week after recording. For stuff that matters, use a name-brand. http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/10.gif

I've read that DVD+RWs can be re-recorded about 6 times.

I have a 25 pack of RiData DVD+RW that I have used over and over for almost 2 years now...I bet the top of the pack has been re-recorded at least 20 times, and they still work perfectly.

Looks like I have about 980 more re-records left on them :)

http://www.osta.org/technology/dvdqa/dvdqa11.htm

Disc Longevity

How many times can a DVD-RW, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM disc be rewritten?

As is the case with other optical storage media using phase-change technology there is a limit to the number of times the recording layer in a DVD-RW, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM disc can be reliably switched between its crystalline and amorphous states. It is estimated that a DVD-RW or DVD+RW disc can be rewritten approximately 1000 times and a DVD-RAM 100,000 times. In addition, these formats (under certain circumstances) employ defect management schemes to actively verify data and skip over or relocate problems to a spare area of the disc.