Compaq Presario Notebook w/ Turion 64 ML-28, 512MB RAM, 60GB HD $399.98 OTD

Gurnee Al

looks like this is the model from compaq's website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00384512&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

also found it on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834147288

though the newegg HD is 80GB and staples has a 60 in it, evrything else looks the same for $599 after a $30 rebate.

Looks like it, but I think I'd have to see what the mail ins are.

Local Staples wouldn't tell me how many of the Compaqs they would have. Said it was "policy". I assume about 10 per store. Well, I'll be there early for all the goodies as BB has stiffed us here in Iowa. Another reason to stay out of BB for a year.

Oh, and the rebate is worth a try. is says all models purchased that end in US and it cant be purchased from Radio Shack or Office Max. Looks like a winner. Worth a try. thanks for the link!

I got there at 4:00 AM and was number 6 in line for the laptop. Number 7 and 8 arrived by 4:15 (this Staples only had 8). I normally never go to staples until around 5:00 or 5:15, but I figured with the deal on the Laptop, monitor and gps it would be worse this year. I was definitely right!!!!

Ishman

My wife and I were 1 and 2 in line at our local Staples. We got there at 4am and the next person didn't get there until 5:00, by the time they opened there was about 50 people in line. We got 2 of the laptops, GPS, memory cards, thumb drives, printers. The manager who got there about 4:30 had asked me what we were looking for on his way in had most of the stuff waiting for us when we walked in the door. They didn't hand out tickets but the line was small enough that they knew who was at the front of the line and made sure they got what they wanted. I even went back around 10:30 and picked up a couple more memory cards. Staples is my new first stop.