Artificial Christmas Trees

uncdwm

Where's the best deal and what's the best time to buy an artificial Christmas tree?

Linen's N Things has a tree for $99 but it doesn't look that great

Home Depot and Lowe's have nice 7.5' GE lit trees but they are $199 and $299

I think Sears also has a tree for $149 on Black Friday

Anyone know of the best place to buy a tree or know of any BF deals on trees? Would really like to get the one from Home Depot or Lowe's or somewhere else that has a deal. Wonder if you can use 10% off coupons with the sale prices.

I imagine they will be dirty cheap after Christmas but 1) would like one for this Xmas and 2) not sure if they will have any left since all Halloween decos vanished at Halloween as well...

walmart has prelit with clear or multi colored lights for $79 regular price they also have 1 listed for $59. on their web site

thanks that $79 one is definitely a possibility. however, i think that one all the pre-lit lights turn off if one light burns out/breaks unlike the more expensive trees that stay on. plus i might prefer a 7.5' tree. that's a great price though.

i really want the $199 home depot/lowe's tree but will shoot myself when it goes on sale for $50 after christmas!

Where's the best deal and what's the best time to buy an artificial Christmas tree?

Anyone know of the best place to buy a tree or know of any BF deals on trees? Would really like to get the one from Home Depot or Lowe's or somewhere else that has a deal. Wonder if you can use 10% off coupons with the sale prices.

I imagine they will be dirty cheap after Christmas but 1) would like one for this Xmas and 2) not sure if they will have any left since all Halloween decos vanished at Halloween as well...

Be careful about getting one from Home depot. Last year, I sent dh to HD for a prelit tree that was supposedly a BF deal at $39. When he brought it home, it was a $39 tree (imagine what a $39 tree looks like!) I mean, it had a tag on the inside that said $39. I was expecting a great tree at a superbargain price, but I got what I paid for...:no:

thanks that $79 one is definitely a possibility. however, i think that one all the pre-lit lights turn off if one light burns out/breaks unlike the more expensive trees that stay on. plus i might prefer a 7.5' tree. that's a great price though.

i really want the $199 home depot/lowe's tree but will shoot myself when it goes on sale for $50 after christmas!

according to the ad i just recieved for walmart the $79.88 prelit trees if 1 light burns out the rest stay on..

I know it was more, but I like that 7 foot Saratoga Spruce one from Lowe's ($199). It's recommended that you should have 100 lights per foot on your tree, and this one has 700 lights. I'd imagine it's a get what you pay for sorta thing. This one looks nice and full too.

We always have a real tree, but I just might break down and get one this year.

Actually, I bought the LNT tree 2 years ago on BF and I love it! I am getting the one this year as we like to put up 2 trees in the house (a formal tree for us and a Disney-themed tree for the girls).

Do you have a Sam's Club nearby? I looked everywhere for a new tree this year - Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Belks, and a specialty gift store here in town. By far the best tree that I found was at Sam's. I ended up going with a 9ft Peseta Spruce. It has 1200 lights and if one goes out the rest stay lit. It had all of the other prelit trees that I looked at beat by at least 300 lights. It is a beautiful tree. It is very full and has 2 different tips (it has 2,174 tips, by the way). It also came with a storage bag. Another thing that I liked about this tree is that there is a foot switch about 3 feet out from the tree. It makes it very simply to turn the lights off and on. The tree is only $143. It says that the tree is a slim tree, but it is still almost 4 feet wide. Here is a link if you are interested Sam's tree

They also had a 7.5ft for around the same price. It was a full tree as opposed to this slim one.