I got my Staples stuff over the phone!

samcasey

After a whopping 90 minute hold, I finally got through to a CSR who helped me get all the stuff I wanted (minus the free AR laminator - sold out). I'm getting the delivery next Tuesday. All done in the warm and cozy of home sweet home while posting left and right on this great forum, coffee in hand...

WTF!!! I didn't know they did BF sales over the phone too!!! For some reason we don't have Staples...I could have SWORN we had one out here somewhere...I'll have to remember this for next year cause I would have gotten their 160GB HDD (depending on what brand) and the 40-pack slim jewel cases and the laminator...HUMPH!!! :indiffere

Staples was probably the only store that had all of their BF hot deals available online and over the phone in addition to their B&M stores. I've tried the same thing with OM but was politely told to go to the store. Ain't gonna take a chance at 10 a.m. on BF.

The 160GB HD was said to be Maxtor, probably in plain white box packaging. Jewel cases can be had anywhere, and OM often had 100-pack for free AR. So don't worry!

The 160GB HD was said to be Maxtor, probably in plain white box packaging.

Hmmm...I don't know...Office Max's 200GB Western Digital came in retail packaging...brand new...only thing is I have to buy the extended warranty...1 year for a hdd that I don't even need (I don't even have another computer to PUT it in :tongue1:) is not good...I need the 3 year extended warranty...

Well you're all lucky. I forgot to call Staples so I called last night around 8PM.

All the good stuff was OOS :(

Visit the store...

I stopped by CompUSA and bought the PNY 128 meg flash drive, but later returned it because a staples employee ordered the SanDisk 512MB usb 2.0 Cruzer Mini as a subsititute for the Cruzer Micro.

I paid at the cash register $30 they did a price adjustment on the $59.99.

Now I just need to wait for it in the mail.

hey all

just wanted to tell you all that i managed to ordeer at 12 night daybefore, and then i price matched aat 12 then next afternoon.

so it works that way.. sorry didnt post it earlier, but the dude whose wireless i leech was gone and hence no internet for 24hrs :tongue1:

thanks all!

bye

Staples was probably the only store that had all of their BF hot deals available online and over the phone in addition to their B&M stores. I've tried the same thing with OM but was politely told to go to the store. Ain't gonna take a chance at 10 a.m. on BF.

The 160GB HD was said to be Maxtor, probably in plain white box packaging. Jewel cases can be had anywhere, and OM often had 100-pack for free AR. So don't worry!

My 160 gb hd is a retail packaged Maxtor

:wub:

Does anyone have an extra Dual layer dvd r from staples they want to get rid of? Our sold out FAST

I bought an NEC 3500A for $62 from NewEgg.com and I'm very happy with it because:

1) It's one of THE BEST DVD Burners on the market today.

2) No rebates to hassle with. I'd rather buy a quality DVD Burner than a no-name brand.

I tried ordering the Staples BF items via phone after seeing the masses of humanity lined up in front of the store at 5:20 am on BF. No joy on the phone short cut -- couldn't get thru to a live person. Came home and got on-line and struggled for way-too-long with their grossly overloaded server and finally got 3 items ordered. Then ... tried to do the "easy rebate" process and got booted off of there. Long story short... finally received the shipment of the 3 items, they got the "easy rebate" system working and I was able to input the rebates. Got confirmation that rebates were accepted. Yesterday, and again this morning, I received duplicate e-mails saying that the rebates are ALL INVALID because the purchase date does not meet requirements. Packing list clearly shows requirements were met.

Called Staples Customer Service and they advise they are getting buried with calls from angry customers about the "easy rebate" problems. They assure me that they will have it fixed by Dec 6th and that my rebates are really OK. We shall see ... otherwise the whole order gets returned and Staples goes on my BAD GUY list.

Bottom line --- Staples is really screwed up. :rant:

Big Bob we had nothing but problems with the rebates one year with Staples. It wasn't for a whole lot but hey I followed their instructions to the letter. They gave me and quite a few others the run around so I just returned my itmes. I really hate rebates! If I can get something close to the price without a rebate I will just pay the extra couple of bucks to avoid going through all of that!

I hope everything works out for you and you get your rebates! ;)

Staples has got to be one of the worst companies for getting rebates! I have tried SEVEN times to input my items from BF on the "easy reabte" site (what a joke!), and it has given me an error page at various pages after entering all the info. Then, I go to print out the forms to send by mail and it doesn't give me all the rebates I have coming.

I called the CS# and got vague answers time after time. I am tempted to just go there with the box of stuff I ordered and ask for a refund. If they make it this hard to get your DESERVED rebates, why bother?

Oh yeah, I should've learned from last years BF. It took me until JUNE to finally get my rebates back. Off to call them again. Cover your ears! &*$#*&&%$($(#

It seems everybody here has a gripe against Staples. My experience with them has been pretty good. Their past rebates have been easy and fast, and this year they offered their BF stuff online and over the phone, while we had to brave the bitter cold and lose many hours of sleep for the other guys. Although far from glitch free, at least I got my shopping done AT HOME. They ran out of the $8.94 AR AT&T cordless phone with answering machine, and they called me the 2nd day to inform me. The next day they called again, telling me it was back in stock and if I still wanted it, I could have it for the same After Rebate price without going through any rebate process. Of course I agreed. Today I received the phone and it was a better model! The one they were BFing was a 900 MHz single handset phone, but I got a 2.4 GHz, double handset (1 corded, 1 cordless), caller/waiting ID, and 4 mailbox model! This is my best purchase of this BF, a $79.99 phone for $8.94 without any rebates!

Well... the Staples saga continues. They responded to my Bizrate survey comments and told me that the "easy rebate" system was now fixed and that my rebates were showing valid status on the web site. NOT TRUE. They provided a telephone number to call their "store support" center if I had other problems. I called and got an incompetent rep "Iris" who just couldn't understand that I had 3 rebate items. After 10 minutes of trying to circle her brains back to reality, she was able to reset the status to valid and assured me that all was well. NOT TRUE. I re-checked the status and 2 of the 3 are now showing "checking for duplicate submission" --- whatever that means. The 3rd item was still in some state of confusion ...neither approved nor rejected. Called back and got "Iris" again. Another 10 minutes wasted trying to convince her that there was yet a 3rd item that needed help. She finally said that there was no valid rebate offer on that item ... the Sandisk 256MB SD card. I asked for a supervisor and finally got "Oscar". He tried to find the rebate for the Sandisk but could not locate it. His instructions to me were " go to a Staples store and that the manager had some way of getting the forms and faxing in the rebate for me. What a mess. Exceptionally poor customer service. Easy rebate system is still messed up badly. Staples goes on my "bad guys" list. I am composing a letter to the Staples President and will copy the board members if I can find names and addresses. They are one very screwed up organization right now and need to know how they are alienating business customers. :splat::curse: