PS3 gamers

CrayZMama80

I originally posted this on the thread Rossman put up for this where the preorders is over. Anyway, found some new information on it.. just copied and pasted my original post. Hope this is helpful to someone. Move this if you need to as I'm unsure where this type of post belongs.

just for you PS3 gamer's info.. I was just at Cnn.com looking at the link that Brad put on here.. at the bottom of that page there is another link talking about the 2 new game systems that are coming out. According to them, BB is opening up some of their locations at 12 midnight the day before for the sale of PS3. Here's what I copied from the article for those of you that may want to read it. The link to that particular page is here where you can read the whole thing.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/08/news...ion=2006110814

No pain, no gain

Best Best, the No. 1 electronics retailer, will open its stores earlier than usual at 8:00 a.m. for the PS3 launch.

Jill Hamburger, Best Buy's vice president of gaming, wouldn't say how many PS3 units will be available per store but told CNNMoney.com that the retailer was "hoping for more units and additional shipments throughout the holidays."

Consumers cannot pre-order PS3 or Wii at BestBuy.com.

However, Best Buy is holding midnight openings at about 18 stores locations nationwide for PS3, including in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Minneapolis.

She explained that these stores will use a "ticket" system. Given the limited quantity, the first few customers in line are more likely to get a ticket to purchase a PS3.

"We've found that the ticket system is the best way to manage customer demand for a limited quantity products," she said.

For Nintendo's launch, Best Buy stores will open at 9:00 a.m. and the company hasn't scheduled any midnight openings.

Sorry.. don't know why I put psp3 up there instead of ps3.. fixed it tho. Sorry for confusion!