Best Buy Tips for BF needed!

ad_an

So this is my first time attempting a BF shopping all night!

i need some suggestions for Best Buy.. i am planning on some electronic items mainly...

their canon digicam, the portable DVD p layer, the external hard drive and the memory stick as of now.

I will be in Pittsburgh, PA for thanksgiving... so can u please suggest or give me any tips of what time should i plan on being at the store.. and if anyone in that area know of any store.. i would appreciate it!

thanks!

p.s. i would also like a clarification.. most of the items that i want... are not special ticketed items.. meaning they dont need the tickets they hand out at 4am (i think)... does that mean... i dont have to stand in line from 10pm on thursday? plz let me know.. i'm a bit confused

I have never sat all night for BF either. This year I am doing it for a desktop which does have a ticket. So, I will be there quite early on Thanksgiving day. The things that you want are going to be first come, first grab. If you are too far back in line, you might not get inside before some of the things you want are gone. It is up to you if you want to stand all night, but I wouldn't put too much faith in getting there in the early morning hours and getting everything you want. Just my opinion though.

I would Recommend going around midnight or earlier. The items you want are probably easy to get if you go early. Its always better to go early, wait longer, and get everything than going a little later and getting only one thing you wanted. Pittsburgh is a pretty big city too, so I would go late thanksgiving night, and bring some family/friends to help you get everything you need. Tell each person to get a certain item you want. If you go by yourself you might not get everything.

You won't be able to get a raincheck on anything that is on sale Fri or Sat. The doorbusters should be the hottest items, but many of the more popular non-doorbusters will also go very fast. Of course, items that they stock a lot of or are not that popular will last later into the morning.

Your best bet is to get there early, camp out be as close to the front of the line. Even though you are not wanting ticketed items the lines inside willbe long and furious. Get in get what you want and get out. The lines at the check out wrap around the store not a pretty sight. Look luck and take a friend to help gather items.

What I've done is purchase their good-priced non-doorbuster items. So I can price match during the week. I'm interested in a couple of their Xbox360 games so I picked up the non-door buster ones and then I'll hit my local BB in time for their 7 hour sale. I'd be surprised if games went that fast.