items not in stock?

firestone71

has anyone else ever had any problem with target not having advertised items in stock? I have been trying to get hthe amazing allysen doll there for the last 4 days and they have not gotten it in. it was in there toy book that started sunday and i was there at 8am and no dolls and when i called tonight they had none and said that it was due to the the manufacture of the doll. I don't get it because i was at walmart last night and they had tons!:confused:

i just feel if you are going to advertise it have it availabe.

i've never had problems with target before.

did you get the price with coupon or just from the book? I think i may call my walmart and find out, it never hurts to ask!;)

i did ask about shipments and i was told that even when they get one they do not know what is on the truck!:confused: so i have been calling and checking in everyday and still no allysen!:(

I just checked on the Walmart website and The Amazing Allyson doll has been rolled back to $69 ($77 with shipping). This is still cheaper than Target so maybe you can try that. Good Luck!!

It's free shipping with the Site --> Store option! It would just be the $69 + tax and at Target it's $89 with the coupon.

called target today... no doll!!!:no: but truck comes in tomorrow... I'm crossing my fingers!

to clear up price problems.. the doll is listed in the toy book for 89.99 with coupon but when i talked to the store manager today they have permently cut it at our store due to competitors (probobly walmart) dropping prices. need to stay in competition with them! so not all stores have this price and i am located in northwestern PA!

i know i asked and even today after the 5th day of not having any in stock they still said no rain check because it is supposively a permanent price cut.:( but I could try to see if they will do something about the coupon.

I even sent the company an e-mail about the situation but have not heard back yet!

Several years ago Target had a Gameboy Advance bundle advertised and I waited out in the cold for 2 hours only to get inside, be the first in electronics, and then have them tell me they didn't come in and no rain checks. How hard would it be to tell the people outside, "If you're waiting for XXXX we don't have it" so we can go to another store.

I have not been back in line on BF since. I go elsewhere.

Yes!! I have trouble getting our Target in Shawnee, KS to honor rainchecks on advertised merchandise. They had an ad for Coke products and I hauled my 4 kids in with me to buy it up on Monday, the day after the ad. The clerk told me there was a shipment delay and I could come back later in the week. I asked for a manager who refused to sub items and refused a raincheck. I emailed corporate Target who sent me a sincere apology and an email version of a raincheck with the name of the store manager. They explained that the staff had been straightened out on raincheck use. But it's still dicey at best.

I have never had a problem getting a rain check at Target... just go straight to the cashier with the barcode listed with the item on the shelf... the usually dont care. I would also send another email to corpoarate... make sure you have the names of EVERYONE you ask and their responses. If you take a note pad into the store and ask whomever you are speaking to for their names they perk up and try their best to help you.... no one wants to be reprimanded. Just a thought.

called again today friday 10th at 2:30 and still no dolls.:mad: i think the coupon is valid until the 20th. but still frustration is setting in. Another truck comes tomorrow morning said to call around 1 or 2. crossing my fingers!!!!

does any one know anthing about target not doing their own ordering and that they are at the will of the manufactures. The man I talked to yesterday said something about htis and that he is waiting on the manufacturer?:confused:

We can order a million of something and only actually get one or two. We can look into the problem and inquire as to why we're not getting as many as we ordered, but we can't make them produce them for us on a moments notice. It takes awhile to get answers back, and to get the problem fixed, once its decided that there is one. It took me at least three weeks to get answers on stock I wasn't receiving on digital cameras in electronics.

Also, getting a rain check on a price cut, no matter who you take it to, isn't going to help you even if you do manage to get it printed. Temporary price cuts will print like a regular rain check, but if its just a price cut, its going to print at zero percent off, since thats a new permanent price and will do nothing for you in the long run.

As far as getting peoples names, its a good trick, as long as you can find someone new enough to still be intimidated by it. Getting called out by corporate is not as big of a deal as it sounds.

thank you! i will do that! i was calling then because that is what time they told me to call. plus they have not gotten any in at all! the man i keep talking to said that he has been looking for them all week because he has been getting lots of calls. and i understand that it has to due with the manufacturer not sending any i just don't see why other stores have them and target does not!:confused:

Several years ago Target had a Gameboy Advance bundle advertised and I waited out in the cold for 2 hours only to get inside, be the first in electronics, and then have them tell me they didn't come in and no rain checks. How hard would it be to tell the people outside, "If you're waiting for XXXX we don't have it" so we can go to another store.

I have not been back in line on BF since. I go elsewhere.

My Target got these in the day before Thanksgiving and came up at the BF price. I bought that bundle then. Apparently it got out and still they sold them knowing they were for the ad on BF. On BF, people raced back to electronics and only 2 bundles were left.

again went to target today and no allysen dolls came in!!!I was there at 10AM. I'm beginning to think that i am going to have to go get it at walmart! 69.99 is still a good price but 59.99 would be better! but i am afraid that if i keep waiting i will be going from store to store trying to find one and paying more for it. Does anyone have any insight? Do you think it will be difficult to find the longer i wait?

I don't know how the Wal Mart is where you live, but you might think about calling the Wal Mart nearest you and asking if they would honor the Target price even though it is with a Target coupon, I would speak to a manager (be sure to get his/her name) they may very well do this. I went into my local Wal Mart a year or so ago and tried to get a swingset that Kmart had a better price on, but they were always sold out of it and it was with a rebate and the manager of Wal Mart said if I could get an employee of KMart to say that was the sale price he would honor that price rebate or not. It may be worth a shot all they could do is say no!