Hard getting into the spirit

juskait

Hey guys. How's all the Holiday shopping going? I have a little predicament here that I want you guys to help answer. I'm having trouble getting into the "Christmas spirit" this year. I'm usually a HUGE Christmas guy and I'll go out to look at the decorations and stuff. Just makes me feel good. This year I started college and I'm having trouble getting back into the spirit of Christmas as I have no decorations or music or anything.

This forum has started to help but I'm sad that I wont be able to be back with my family until 2 days before Christmas. (Wacky school schedules) I'm calling on you guys to, perhaps, give me some links to pictures, wallpapers, movies, songs, stories, ANYTHING which will help me get into the Christmas state of mind. I think all of us would get something out of a couple Christmas-ey links.

I'm calling on you guys to, perhaps, give me some links to pictures, wallpapers, movies, songs, stories, ANYTHING which will help me get into the Christmas state of mind. I think all of us would get something out of a couple Christmas-ey links.

Okay, I'm posting ALL the Christmasy links I have saved! :D Hope this helps!!

Paper Snowflake Patterns

Stocking Stuffers for Free

Christmas Graphics

Santa Land- really nice

Organized Christmas (nice dream, huh? LOL)

www.northpole.com/- games, recipes, ecards, etc.

Then these last 3, I don't know if they're still good or not, cuz the stupid firewall I'm behind (at work) won't let me open them! :(

J's Magic Free Christmas Graphics

Christmas Midi's

Printable Christmas Tags

Thank you! It's just really hard right now to get off campus because it's midterm time. I've been trying to get to Wal-Mart but it's been hard.

Is there a printshop? see if you can get some paper from them.

The volunteering idea is great, too, but made more difficult by midterms and lack of transportation (a known problem for college students)

It's just really hard right now to get off campus because it's midterm time. I've been trying to get to Wal-Mart but it's been hard.

Some other ideas, not online stuff:

In '96, I was in the Army, stationed in Korea. My tour of duty was to end just days before Christmas, so I was having the same type problems you are, about getting in the Christmas spirit and being able to decorate. So I had my parents send a few familiar decorations from home... getting those was like having a "miniature Christmas" before Christmas!

:holiday02

Then when I finally made it to a store, I found one of those plastic door coverings with Santa on it, carrying a big green bag. That's when the lightbulb went off :cheesy: -- I hung the door decoration on the wall locker in my room, and with a black dry erase marker, I wrote on the big green bag "Days Left In Korea" and Days Until Christmas" then kept track of them until it was finally time to pack everything up and head HOME!:g_dance::holiday16

Have you loaded up your Netflix queue with Christmas movies yet?

Home Alone

Jingle All The Way

A Christmas Story

White Christmas

Elf

Christmas with the Kranks

Miracle on 34th Street

Santa Clause & Santa Clause 2

oh and place an order with Oriental Trading Company .. lots of cheap Christmas decorations without having to travel past your keyboard.

Have a family member burn you a CD with their favorite Christmas music.

And add yourself to the Gotta Deal Christmas card exchange if you haven't done so already - it might be too late tho! That's a great way to get into the spirit!

Post a message on your local Craigs list asking for someone's old decorations. As people are getting new ones, they usually just throw out the old.

My son went thru the same thing when he first moved away from home. He

finally decided that he was just stressing too much over trying to "make" himself feel Christmasy. He just finally let it go and relaxed about it all.

Once he did that he was able to just enjoy the whole season without feeling like he had to be on some "Christmas" high. You may just be stressing too much over it.