How Much to spend on Son In law?

CG480

Ok it hard as I hate to say it I do not even know the guy.

I meet him one time the DD brough him in to where I work we were busy all I said was hello to him.

He was staioned in Ark she decided she loved hima nd went there this summer to be by him and we found out last week she got marryed in Aug..

Long story. I guess something I should be posting in the kids and parenting forum. Still shaking my head about it....:eyepoppin

I don't have any children to have a son in law lol, but I have a brother in law and sister in law. I usually try to get something I know they will enjoy. Sometimes I spend the same amount as I do my sister and brother and sometimes I end up spending less.

I would say whatever you feel comfortable with spending. Since you don't know him well, maybe try and find out any hobbies he has and make a basket based on his hobby.

One of the best gifts I received last year was one of those mystery puzzles from my brother in law. It was one of the best, because he took the time to get me something that he knew I enjoyed.

My parents usually spend around the same on my dh as they do on me, I guess. It really depends on what they know we want. We don't really go on price in my family, we just try to make sure the gift is thoughtful and it's something that will be used and enjoyed. Doesn't matter if it costs $10 or $100.

I guess it depends how overboard you go with your own kids.. you dont want him to feel uncomfortable when he's opening a $10 fleece, and your DD is opening 30 gifts.

My guess would be anywhere from $50-100, if you dont go with a joint gift.

However, your DD might appreciate the joint gift more. Its showing you accept him into the family and accept them as a couple.

My grandparents send $400 every year to us. $100 to each family member (my 2 kids and my husband and I)

My parents give my husband and I a $300 GC to our local grocery store and 2- $100 GC to the gas station we use. They also give my husband socks and a shirt or something. So you can say they give the same

Congratulations on the new son in law. :)

I think I would get a "both" gift. This will give you time to see if you like him... then get him something better or worse next year..lol.

I'm debating on what to get my bro-n-law. He cheated on my sis this past year but they stayed together to work it out. But it's still a sore spot with me. I'll probably go the "both" gift this year but it will be leaning mainly toward my sis.

URGGGGGG I hate together gifts, If unsure a GC to walmart, Target, BB, I buy the same amount or try to for all memebers of the family, I have BIL I can't stand so If I see something they may like I buy it, Most times they are the cheaper of the presents still nice but less money.

Three things I hate at Christmas Together gifts, House gifts I didnt know the house celebrated Christmas and GD But thats me, I have a hard time buying them to as presents

• 2 weeks later...

What ever you do at least make it look like you tried to be fair and equal. My mil gives me the crappiest stuff (2X sweatshirts and I wear a size 10) from the Dollar store, then gives nice stuff to my DH (her son). lol

I've always believed its not the gift but the thought, but in this case the thought is rather clear, huh? lol

I finally got my sil on my side to drop the gift drawing for the family. One more crappy tin of popcorn and I'd of went off like the 4th of July. lol

My parents spend the same for my husband as for me, they send cash. Same for his mother, she sends $100 each and $50 for the kids (which I am finding as they get older isn't very much anymore LOL). Ask your daughter if they want a combo gift or individual, maybe they are saving for a TV or appliance etc that the extra money could buy with it. Last year our parents gave us windows for the house, that was a great gift since we needed new windows but not quite enough money to buy them....

I went with a combo gift they are getting a lap top and printer.

She will not be home for Christmas but he will be home. I will send the gist back with him.

She will be Home in Jan for a few days. I have a few small things I bought over the summer I might send them back with her if they fit in her suitcase as she will be flying in.