Best Buy forHP Core Solo 15.4" Widescreen Laptop Computer

savingmann2006

Got it!

HP Core Solo Notebook 15.4", 1024 MB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, DVD and CD BURNERS Reg. $749.99 ($379.99) SAVE $370 Instantly

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8045/8045162_ra.jpg

Looks to me like this is: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8045162&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103700050028&id=1158317339111

Exact specs, starting price, etc. I see this one is a Media Center laptop as well. That makes this insanely hot.

I see you can buy it now, has anyone tried to pricematch during the 5am-12 doorbusters for something they bought prior?

Here is HP specs: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00771096&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3253922&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Mmmm...I wish I could price match it so I wouldn't have to deal with the line, but I'd still have to try to get in there. I went by BB today to do my Black Friday recon and that HP notebook is pretty nice, I just wish it was a Core Duo, but I'm still gonna go after it.

Mmmm...I wish I could price match it so I wouldn't have to deal with the line, but I'd still have to try to get in there. I went by BB today to do my Black Friday recon and that HP notebook is pretty nice, I just wish it was a Core Duo, but I'm still gonna go after it.

Do you know if it is within their policies to pricematch then (doorbuster 5am-12)?

You can run OSX on Intels now with a small patch, just an FYI.

Anyone know about pricematching?

lol, i'm aware of that. i've tried it on my custom computer, didnt really like it. my mac mini just felt better (better mouse tracking, sound was a pain in the .., etc.)

You can run OSX on Intels now with a small patch, just an FYI.

Anyone know about pricematching?

This is in fact against the Apple OSX EULA.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.

A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time.

Although it is fine to discuss that it is possible, this is not the thread for that. In addition, please do not post any information on "how" to achieve this.

Posts requesting such information have been deleted.

--Scott

OK. I'm sorry I brought it up. It's not appropriate here. Thanks for removing that post.

This is in fact against the Apple OSX EULA.

Although it is fine to discuss that it is possible, this is not the thread for that. In addition, please do not post any information on "how" to achieve this.

Posts requesting such information have been deleted.

--Scott

Are you thinking in Vista OS?

This is the gickmick for this sale since new computers in January will come with the new OP and requiere 2Gb of RAM

Be aware of your short saving for the long run,pals !!!

I hope I didn't cross the barrier of the Technology, Computers & Gadgets forum !!!

Savingmann2006

PS: Thanks for you info, Marcster :g_thumbri

Are you thinking in Vista OS?

This is the gickmick for this sale since new computers in January will come with the new OP and requiere 2Gb of RAM

Be aware of your short saving for the long run,pals !!!

Windows Vista ONLY requires 512MB Ram

Every computer that you get the "coupon" for upgrade IS Vista compatible out of the box.

I just saw a high-resolution scan, and the HP is definitely 512mb of RAM. (Rules say I can't post a link.) There's another HP with 2048mb, but I don't think it's a doorbuster. I don't know where the 1024mb rumor came from.

This news is very disappointing. I probably won't bother getting there so early now. It seemed like a much better deal with 1024mb. I just need a laptop for word processing and web surfing, but I'd like to have enough RAM to never worry about it again. Plus, I might want to upgrade to Vista one day and don't want to be running the bare minimum. :(

I just saw a high-resolution scan, and the HP is definitely 512mb of RAM. (Rules say I can't post a link.) There's another HP with 2048mb, but I don't think it's a doorbuster. I don't know where the 1024mb rumor came from.

This news is very disappointing. I probably won't bother getting there so early now. It seemed like a much better deal with 1024mb. I just need a laptop for word processing and web surfing, but I'd like to have enough RAM to never worry about it again. Plus, I might want to upgrade to Vista one day and don't want to be running the bare minimum. :(

New BB scan uploaded!!! Now all your questions should be answered!:fluffy:

512mb is MORE then enough for word proc and web browsing. Plus, when you do decide to upgrade to Vista, a ram upgrade would be cheap and easy to come by.

Windows Vista ONLY requires 512MB Ram

Every computer that you get the "coupon" for upgrade IS Vista compatible out of the box.

there is a coupon in the box with the laptop? does the coupon offer a upgrade at a discounted price?

do you know about how much adding Ram would cost for a laptop?

Thanks!! :fluffy:

there is a coupon in the box with the laptop? does the coupon offer a upgrade at a discounted price?

do you know about how much adding Ram would cost for a laptop?

Thanks!! :fluffy:

There will be coupons with the computers for the Vista upgrade. If you are going to get RAM for the laptop I would grab that before you get in line for the laptop. The RAM goes fast on BF.

Gottadeal has a tech section that will help you with all of your tech needs. Here is a thread about the Visa upgrade: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=50380