Christmas Pictures (For the Kids)

elena_398

Has anyone started making their appointments for their kids' christmas pics yet? I called Walmart today and got in on November 20th. That will be around the 2nd week of December for them to be in. I couldn't believe how many appointments there already were. The week before my appointment is already booked! Told my friends as they go to Walmart also. Hate for them not to get in.

I make my own Christmas cards. It costs less and I can do it pretty quickly. It is kind of crazy that they are booked up like that since it is only November 8th. The people who wait to book their appointments close to Christmas might not even get in.

I will only use a specific photographer at Wal-Mart. She is the absolute best. My kids adore her, so we always take the pictures early (mid-Oct) so we are sure to get the best photogratpher and the best time for the kids.

We also purchased the Photo Christmas ornament and have it back. It is very cute. Not going on the tree! (Small problem with my youngest and the tree last year - he took all the balls off the tree and smashed them into the carpet. Still finding bits.)

• 2 weeks later...

We just made our own last year.. I sat the kids down the weekend we put up the tree, got out my dig. Camera, and took about 5 shots. Went online to WM and downloaded the best one, made it into a card, and Poof.. Done.

All I had to do was p/u in the photo center. Very easy, and Very reasonable.

We make our own also. Luckily my husband is a photographer, and we often spend hours trying to make sure the kids are both looking the same direction, no ones nose is running, no ones tounge is hanging out, etc. The 5 "poses" they take at the studios never managed to have everything "together" in any one shot.

I tried at Target but they didnt have what I wanted for this month. I might have to ask about next month.Its weird though, they asked for how many people then they said they didnt have any appointments for the day I wanted.Why ask if you dont have any openings? Doesnt make sense to me.

Well last night was christmas pics. God how I dread it. LOL. Got right in at Walmart (only $9.99 for 45 pics), girl taking the pics was WONDERFUL. So patient (I stopped after awhile lol). Only allowed 24 pics to get your package pic. We finally got ours on frame #22.

My daughter kept tilting her head and looking away from the camera with her eyes. My son's smile (if you can call it that) looked like someone was stabbing him from behind. finally though we got a super pic after the girl started cracking jokes about me. Yes, I'll be the brunt of any joke if it gets my kids to look natural and smile.