Westy question

db8mommy

First time poster - go easy...

My Dh is wanting to build a Media Center PC and use the LCD TV as a monitor - will the 32" Westy from BB on BF have the right connections to do this? Thanks for the help!

Erin

Yes.

The link says the model has 1 RGB (red, green, blue) input. If your PC is a multimedia system (I assume it is) it should have those on the back.

First time poster - go easy...

My Dh is wanting to build a Media Center PC and use the LCD TV as a monitor - will the 32" Westy from BB on BF have the right connections to do this? Thanks for the help!

Erin

You can definitely connect your HTPC to this monitor with the VGA connection or the HDMI connection. The HDMI would be better, but if your HTPC just has VGA that will be fine.

For PC use, though, I would suggest a 1080p monitor if it's not outside your budget. You will get higher quality video output from your PC, and better resolution on whatever else you do on the computer. The 1080p monitors by Westinghouse are 37", 42" (not the one on sale), and 47". They get mostly good marks from the discriminating HTPC crowd at AVSforum.

Since it looks like no 1080p monitors are on sale, I am probably going to sit out this BF (at least as far as waiting in line all night.) If only that $999 42" was the 1080p version.....