Please explain the Basics - Price Matching at WM

Catrin

HI Everyone,

I have done very little Black Friday shopping over the past few years... mostly because I have had to be at work by 8am!

This year, I would like to try to get some Best Buy SALE Items at Walmart - because it is 30 minutes closer.

Can someone guide me through the steps? Do you go to the service desk?

Do you go to the register?

Do they Price Match Everything?

THanks for the guidance!

Catrin

At my Walmart it also has to be the same time of day the sale is advertised. It is usually not a problem, but if a store I want to match from opens at 7:00 AM and I am in line at Walmart by 6:00 AM then they will not price match. Good Luck! I do this every year at BF and save a lot of time.

you have to make sure it's the EXACT item too...anything that is different will make it ineligible for price matching...I take all my sales ads with me and they will do it right at the register

it also has to be a real price, no percentages off, no buy-one-get-one deals, etc

You also need to make sure that what you are PM at WM from BB, is a brand that WM carry's.. most stores carry their own brand or certain name brands.. for example.. tv's WM has symphonic and BB does not. It's just an example, I'm not sure if they carry that one anymore. I do know they have lots of stuff that is durabrand. (WM that is) Ya might wanna stay away from the stereo's like this. As we got a cd changer one last year for our daughter. It would take in the cd.. not play it and not give it back either! We exchanged it, and got the same problem so we ended up buying a more expensive brand after that.

Another example from BB is insignia. WM does not carry that brand. Basically just check to make sure WM carry's those electronics if that's what you are PM. Now if it's movies etc., then you should be ok. Hope this helped out and didn't confuse you! :D

At my Walmart it also has to be the same time of day the sale is advertised. It is usually not a problem, but if a store I want to match from opens at 7:00 AM and I am in line at Walmart by 6:00 AM then they will not price match. Good Luck! I do this every year at BF and save a lot of time.

Wow the ones around here will, to ad match it just needs to be the right day/week or before the time the other store stops their sale.

I did a lot of PM at Walmart last year, I ALWAYS take my ads with me right to the register and they match them. Also it helps that it was just a bit later in the morning for me around 7ish and they were sick of all the madness and such so they didn't even really look at the ads I showed them, they pretty much just said whatever and matched the price I told them :confused:

i was wondering does anyone know if walmart will price match coupons. both walmart and target have the amazing allysen doll on sale for $69.99 but target has a coupon for $10.00 off making it $59.99. I have gone to target everyday since the ad began on sunday and they have not had any in! so when I call today and they do not have any I am going to tell them that I will just get it at walmart. i don't know if you can call this false advertising or not but if you are going to advertise have it in stock! I know that they are available because walmart had plenty of them monday night! sorry to go off subject... just a little bitter!

well if anyone has any info please let me know it would be much appreciated!!

thanks

I've never PM'ed before either, but I want to try it with some movies this year. But my question is: does WM have a rule about how close the competing store has to be before they'll PM? I usually BF shop the Wal-Mart in my small town (less hectic), but the only other store in town that does BF is CVS! :cool: We have a Sears appliance center and a Kmart about 10-15 miles away, but the closest for BB, CC and several others is about 35-40 miles away! :( Will I be able to get the PM deals from those stores?:confused:

TIA!! :)

I've never PM'ed before either, but I want to try it with some movies this year. But my question is: does WM have a rule about how close the competing store has to be before they'll PM? I usually BF shop the Wal-Mart in my small town (less hectic), but the only other store in town that does BF is CVS! :cool: We have a Sears appliance center and a Kmart about 10-15 miles away, but the closest for BB, CC and several others is about 35-40 miles away! :( Will I be able to get the PM deals from those stores?:confused:

I'd call your local WM and ask them what their policy is just to be on the safe side. We can tell you what our WM does, but it won't help you if your WM won't do it ..

Just ask to speak to the manager, don't forget to get his/her name and ask them what the PM policy is.

just to let ya know we do comp surronding areas at our store we get ads from about 30 minutes away from our walmart

rules at wal-mart

basic

if its food and we have it we will match it.

so say its there store brand milk we will match with ours.

but it has to be the same. there ad says med eggs all we have is large.

they will not match it.

if it is buy one get one at they will not match.

same with buy one get one for another price.

allso we do not match percetage off either.

now if its not food or even meat you will need an ad. so take it with you.

and the item will have to be excatly the same.

if teh coupon is another store coupon.no they will not take it.

say its fred meyers,shopco,albertson so on no they wont take them.

but if there manafacture coupon they will.

now mind you I have heard of some stores are real pains and you needthe ad no matter what.

but my store is pearty good.

Just called my wal mart and they will be matching BF ads and you can put the items in layaway now and pick them up on BF at the new price so you dont have to ruch in there to get your items:g_dance: :g_dance:

Does that include any ealy bird specials As long as it is still "early"??

How does that work with the Layaway???

If I gather all the merchandise now... and have them ring it up at regular retail... what happens on BF??

Do they refund me the money and then re-ring it??

I know I am asking basics... but having a full knowledge of what I should expect is really helpful!

Catrin

they usually will not.

if it goes on sale in 5 days yeah. buttttt

put it in layaway.

if it goes on sale go and pick it up on sale day

or even make a payment and you will see a diferance.

I know I went to pay something off once never knowing it had gone on sale.

and I got $50 back insead of paying $55 to get out.LOL

guess the whole lot if what I got had gone on sale.

Guest JeepMom

Wal Mart doesn't price match,they ad match.

It must be the EXACT same brand/size/specs to qualify.

If the sale is 5-9am you need to be at the store within those hours.

A friend of mine purchased a DVD last week at WM, then it went on sale this week at Toys R Us. She took her receipt and TRU ad to customer service and they did a price adjustment.

Does anyone have experience doing this on BF? There is an MP3 player at Best Buy I want to purchase. If I purchase this next week or so at WM then go back BF morning, do you think I can get a price adjustment?

Just called my wal mart and they will be matching BF ads and you can put the items in layaway now and pick them up on BF at the new price so you dont have to ruch in there to get your items:g_dance: :g_dance:

This SERIOUSLY intrigues me! I would very much like to do this but maybe I should call my WM also...I'm new to layaway...If it doesn't work, am I out the money i put down to put it in layaway in the first place? Thanks, sorry if the question is repetitive!

This SERIOUSLY intrigues me! I would very much like to do this but maybe I should call my WM also...I'm new to layaway...If it doesn't work, am I out the money i put down to put it in layaway in the first place? Thanks, sorry if the question is repetitive!

you wont be out any money al you have to do is cancel the layaway and they will refund it back to you! :D

Question - This question may have been asked before and I may not have seen it but here goes----If I purchase something at Wal-Mart today that will go on sale on BF, will they give me the difference? Also, I just called my local Wal-Mart to see if they would price match any BF items if I put them on layaway today and they won't do it. So, I may have to wait in the line at 3am after all.