PS3...how hard is going to be able to get?!

Junior5546

Hi everyone...please do frogive me if this is a repost....but I didnt see my question answered anywhere!

I want to get my hands on a PS3 for a christmas gift...but I know the ps3 is the hot item and will be hard to get just like xbox 360 was! So my question is, does anyone have any pointers,tips on how to better my chances on getting a ps3??? Thanks so much everyone! And for everyone on a mission too, GOOD LUCK!

Mark my words: Violence WILL breakout somewhere.

That's how rare it is.

But really, why waste your time with a Playstation 3. It'll be full of bugs and expensive. And only one colors available.

Drop your money on the Wii.

Aston Martin = PS3

Mini Cooper = Wii

I'd much rather have a fun system than a glorified Blu-Ray player.

Someone posted on a different thread that there are already 4 guys camping outside their local BB. There are rumors that there are some flaws with this first batch of PS3s. Best bet is to wait until spring to pick one up........

When are they being released? My son is willing to camp out..where should I take him and when?

the latest info is November 17th, and you would probably be best to hang out at one of these three: Target, Best Buy, Circuit City.

EBGames/Gamestop is definitely where you DO NOT want to go. It is very unlikely they are getting any beyond what they have already pre-sold. The previously mentioned stores did not have pre-sales and will have the console in stock on launch date to be sure. I would personally pick Target, but that is due to my previous experience with Best Buy and PS2 launch - employees taking units before store opened and mass histeria at the doors.

When are they being released? My son is willing to camp out..where should I take him and when?

Released on Friday, November 17 - I talked with a Best Buy associate last week and they said people started lining up for the 360 last year about 48 hours in advance and they think it'll be the same for the PS3.

I want a Wii but I'm afraid that after the PS3 goes onsale those people will get right back in line for the Wii - I hope not as I can't get to a Best Buy until after work on Friday, November 17th - I'm willing to spend 2 days in line if I have to. :D

Hate to parrot everyone, but early camping at BB or CC are your best bet. If you're not within the first, probably 20 in line, you're screwed. Gamestop, EB Games, etc. are pointless. They MAY have ONE that they'll hold for the floor, but obviously that'll be gone fast. All the rest went in pre-orders within an hour.

I was able to pre-order from Gamestop and they were only getting 12 per store.

I'll be checking my local best buy every day to see if any hardcore campers are there, but I'm planning on going after my test on Thursday 16th and staying until 8. Nobody was there today and the guy inside the greeting counter said I was the first person he'd seen ask about the ps3. Everybody is asking for the Wii, which makes sense to me since it's better priced for the season. I don't doubt there will be a lot of campers for the PS3 though.

It'd be a dumb idea for anyone to buy this system and use the "It's ALSO a BluRay player" excuse.

I've learned after owning my first-gen PS2 that any sort of extra player in a system will only shorten its life span.

This time around I'm going to have dedicated DVD players and systems.

Plus. BluRay isnt even the definitive next-gen DVD format. Hell, HDDVD isnt either.

Theyre going to implode and kill each other. HD is ahead of its time to the average consumer and all us nerds trying to take advantage of it now might alienate the rest of the people and theyll just give up on any new formats that could be beneficial.

Here's a suggestion - if you've gotta camp out, better to camp out INSIDE a store that's open 24 hours ... like a Meijers or inside a mall if it's open ... they have public bathrooms and you can always go get refreshments (that is if you trust someone to hold your place in line). Plus, you can get lawn chairs/pillows, etc to make you more comfy ... I plan on grabbing myself a beanbag chair or a huge throw pillow - and I'll actually buy it instead of just using it while I'm there!!!

The lines for the presale at ToysRUs were at least 30 deep at 6 pm the night b4, and the store opened at 8am - and it was freezing!

I will be camping out right after I get out of school, which is like 3:45pm thursday. Then Ill skip 1st period on friday to get one

If you get one you will be lucky. 15 Hours might not get you a spot might want to check in your area. Whats your town pop?