Any place have a free computer this year? Who has the best deal?

mistyinca

I remember a couple of years ago or so, some store(s) had a computer that was free after rebates. Anything like that again this year? What is the lowest price computer out there so far?

Misty

I have not seen a $99 computer in a long time let alone a free one. So far looks like Best Buy will have the best deal because they are $189 with a flat screen monitor and NO REBATES!! check out the ad: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=52885

You are right, usually you have to sign up for years of Aol and send in numerous rebates.

hummm AOL became free with BYOA. Think all the people that took the AOL rebate got out of it without owing more to AOL??

Mara

hummm AOL became free with BYOA. Think all the people that took the AOL rebate got out of it without owing more to AOL??

Mara

That how it used to be. In fact, last year in order to get the $199 dollar laptop from BB or CC (I can't remember which one), you had to sign up for a year of Aol.Now because of strong competiton, looks like they have removed that requirement.

I think what mistyinca was talkin' about was the Circuit City AOL deal from last year. Sign up for AOL for 12 months (most people signed for the 'Bring Your Own' deal at $14.95/month) and get $250 instant spending cash for CC when they had a desktop for $249.99 or something.

I seriously doubt anyone's gonna do what AOL did all over again this year. Maybe unless they put out somee major fine print, but I really doubt anyone would risk it.

Thanks for the replies so far. I agree that I certainly would not want to take an ISP sign up rebate. Right now, I think I've got my eyes set on the emachine at BB. I wonder what CC will do. (The wait is killing me!)

The emachines that BB has is almost identical to the one they sold last year for 149.00. Main difference is the lcd monitor. So far ours are working well. So that's not a bad price at all for that cp. What makes it better is no rebates. I'm so bad at remembering to send them off! :giggle:

Good luck finding what ya need!

Guest ladakn99
i don't think last years came with a DVD burner, and it had 256 MB RAM and a 100GB Hard drive. So yea... this one is A LITTLE bit better

i don't think last years came with a DVD burner, and it had 256 MB RAM and a 100GB Hard drive. So yea... this one is A LITTLE bit better

Actually can tell you exactly what it came with since I'm using it right now (the one from last year's BB!)

It was an eMachine T3406. Here are those specs :

CPU: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 340

(2.93GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache)

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home (SP2)

Chipset: Intel® 865GV chipset

Memory: 256MB DDR (1 × 256MB) 400MHz (PC3200)

Expandable to 2GB

Hard Drive: 80GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache

Optical Drive: 48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0)

Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics 2

Up to 64MB shared video memory

Sound: AC '97 Audio

Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet

Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem

Peripherals: Standard multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers

Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 (1 in Media Reader, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)

Dimensions: 14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16"D

Weight: 22.5lbs (PC only)