Does Sears price match on BF?

wjlambert4

I purchased DH a tool cabinet thingie right before the BF ad came out on this site. Well, it's going to be $20 less on BF. I called the store and spoke with a young lady in the tools department and asked her if they would give me the sale price on BF as long as I was there during the hours of the sale and she said yes. I wrote her name down on my reciept just in case. Does anyone know if they will really do it?

Their official policy last year (DH was working there then) was that they would not price match on doorbuster items, but the later in the day or 2 day prices could be used for matching.

Some people had great luck and were able to pm on competitors doorbusters (not many though)

Some people had bad luck and were not allowed ANY pm's by sears on black friday.

I don't think they do price match on competitors. But you can always call ahead and ask. I have found that depending on who you talk to, store policies differ. Just always be sure to take the name of the person you spoke to and let them know if you have any problems that you will be giving their name. Best bet is to talk to store manager or assistant manager! ;)

not only does Sears price match they will also beat it by 10%. At least they did last year on BF and beat BB by 10% even though it was MISS MARKED! They called BB and verified what happened and STILL beat it by 10%!

I called our local Sears and that is what they said too. Definitely my first stop this year!! I am going to scope it out so I know exactly which items they have in stock.

I am actually double and triple checking Sears' BF policy. I went into electronics today and was told as long as an item I purchased was within 30 days they would price match even on BF just to be sure and have the sale paper with me. My duaghter works at Sears and she is asking her floor manager so I should know for sure by Monday.

I found the information on line last year so it wasn't a per store policy.

http://www.sears.com/sr/misc/sears/mores_of_sears.jsp

We'll Match Any Price Plus...

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store, Sears will match that price plus give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, email the information to [email protected]

Exclusions

Sears will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. Sears will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match.

Sears Price Match Plus Policy does not apply to parts, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, "Sears Presents" and Shop At Home catalogs.

Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match any online prices.

• 2 weeks later...
I am so excited! Sears has the TV we are needing as a Christmas gift and I had read all the talk about them not PM. I took a stab in the dark and stopped by our Sears - which is a small bare bones store in a small town - and asked them. I took a print out of the ad page and asked the manager to make sure before we did anything and she said no problem. Just come back on Friday (she will be there) and she even wrote their item number on the sheet just in case. I guess small towns are kinda nice after all - saves me a trip to the nearby city Friday.