What is the most unusual way you wrapped a gift?

momof5plus1hubby

:) I've always thought that the fun part on Christmas was unwrapping the presents. The fun for kids at Easter is searching for those Easter baskets and eggs. With that in mind, I try to be creative each year so that getting to the gift is as much fun as receiving the gift..

Simpler: I wrap the gift in several layers of wrapping paper. Then, I cover it with a LOT of clear boxing tape (someone already suggested this in the thread) But, then I wrap it again with a few layers of wrapping paper. Then, more of the clear boxing tape. Over and over until I use up a roll or two of that boxing tape. The recipient gets through the boxing tape to the next layer of gift wrap, and looks relieved as if the contents are about to be revealed. Nope! More tape. Lather, rinse, repeat. :P

For a coworker, I got him a really nice gift certificate so he could pick out the particular music he wanted. Rather than "wrap" it in an envelope, I sandwiched it between pieces of sheet metal and pop-riveted the metal all the way around. Everyone had a ball watching him try to open his present.

And, for the wife, I spent a fortune on a ring that she really wanted for Christmas. We had hardwood floors throughout our house, and it was a pain in the neck to mop them with a cheapy mop from Wal-Mart. So, I went to a janitorial supply store, and spent about $100 on a nice mop, wringer, bucket, and several mop heads. The ring box extended below the mop bucket the same amount as the wheels. Complete disappointment when all the gifts were unwrapped. "You sure you opened all your gifts? Look under the bucket." Absolute elation.

A year or two later, along the theme of the mile of clear plastic tape, I had a nice piece of jewelry simply placed inside an ornament on the tree. After going through several layers of boxes and a mile of tape, there was simply a note pointing to which ornament on the tree to break open. 30 minutes of unwrapping followed by the realization that the gift was in plain sight for weeks.

I know. The Hamburger Helper box she used was probably the best one. My 5 yo's favorite food is hamburger helper and when that box was unwrapped last year he shouted, "Oh man, Hamburger Helper!". He was so excited. He was dissapointed when it wasn't actually HH in the box. :lmao:

I can definitely relate to this, I am actually guilty of the same. You had me LOL.

:D