Would you consider using one of these? We are....seriously!!

H_Hancock

Our Service League, which used to be the Junior League, had their annual Attic Sale today. As always, it drew a huge crowd. Lots to be had at very cheap prices.....almost any sort of thing you could want.

It opened at 7am and we were there at 3:30am, and 3rd and 4th in line. It dropped to 32F last night, this morning, and we were miserable. Worse yet, we were almost completely decked out in our BF attire. Getting old sure has sapped our tolerance to the cold!

Anyway, we had the bright idea of a portable propane heater for our outside overnight sit for BF.

We were looking at these:

http://www.heatershop.com/mr_heater_portable_buddy.html

http://www.heatershop.com/big_buddy_from_mr_heater.html

http://www.heatershop.com/tank_top_heaters.html

We've got tanks already............

So, what would you think if someone showed up with one of those?

True, the nicer ones are a bit on the expensive side, but then again, what price to keep from freezing? They'd be quite useful in almost any cold day situation where we've got to be outside.....we go to quite a few auctions, upwards of 10/monthly, and though they tend to drop off in frequency in winter, there's almost always an estate auction each month, and that means sitting outside enduring the cold.

Also, there is the fact it'd be used for every BF we plan on attending in years to come......I'm a compulsive BF-aholic, while the wife is much less so. So, even when she finally tires of the sitting and waiting, I'll most assuredly be out there year after year....and it would be handy!

I was wondering, though, if anyone would think that it would be objected to being there? After all, it is a burning instrument, and while small children rarely show up on line until an hour os so before the doors open, I was just wondering if anyone could forsee any objections to the use of one of these?

I think it'd be fine. Stupid question, do you ever see anyone there with a tent? Any reason why not to use it? You would do ok with an even smaller heater, and be protected from wind and rain.

I use one of those small camping heaters Wal-Mart sells, think it was $25-$30. You screw it right on top of the small propane tanks they sell. For our needs it works great.

I think it'd be fine. Stupid question, do you ever see anyone there with a tent? Any reason why not to use it? You would do ok with an even smaller heater, and be protected from wind and rain.

I use one of those small camping heaters Wal-Mart sells, think it was $25-$30. You screw it right on top of the small propane tanks they sell. For our needs it works great.

Hey I was there last year with a tent it was great. Gonna do it again this year.

Thanks for all the replies! We've ordered a pair of heaters, the cheapier tank-top ones, for our use on BF. We're just getting too old to suffer freezing again, considering I want to be on line at 7PM or so. Of course, that completely depends upon who has what for specials, but since one of us always ends up at BestBuy, they will come in handy.

As for what we'll do with them when the store opens, we'll probably have them turned off, coolded down and packed back in the Blazer at least an hour or a bit more before the store opens.....probably turned off at 3:30am, put away by 4AM. Putting up with the cold for an hour or two is much easier than enduring it for 10 hours.

I don't bring them in line with me. We use the kerosene heater to add warmth in the house. It does save on the gas bill as we haven't had to put our heat on as yet. Already in November. We bought the huge one that heats up to 1500 square feet. Well worth the price initially