What do you do to remember the true meaning of Christmas?

Adamtanderson

For the past 15+ years, I've been a regular part of my church's Christmas musical/play/program. Since God and music are 2 very important things in my life, celebrating both of them at such a festive time is almost heaven on earth for me! :2cloud9:

I also have a nice Nativity set that I put out each year, a piece at a time. I start with the stable around the beginning of December, then every few days I add another piece... until finally, on Christmas Eve, I set out the manger and baby Jesus. It always makes me smile to look at the whole scene put together and reminds me of how fortunate we are to have this Reason to celebrate!!:holiday16

My children have been part of the children program / play and this is important to us.

We read from the Bible about the birth of Jesus, letting the children take turns reading as well. We have been doing this on Christmas eve for the past 4 years.

I have a good friend that tells her boys they can only have THREE gifts as the Wisemen only brought Jesus THREE gifts.

I have a good friend that tells her boys they can only have THREE gifts as the Wisemen only brought Jesus THREE gifts.

A friend of mine is doing this with her children this year. They do not partake in Santa traditions and her kids will be getting 3 gifts this year. :)

I wish I had that type of restraint, however, I just can't seem to stop shopping.:D

well since the bible don't give a date when christ was born i don't celebrate it for that reason. i try to live my life doing as christ wanted us to do everyday and it's a real shame that for alot of people this is the only time of year they remember him.