Zoombox DVD Entertainment Projector - $248.00 + 97¢ Shipping @ Wal-Mart

Brad

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/35/69/10/0065356910429_100X100.jpg

Wal-Mart has the Zoombox DVD Entertainment Projector for $248.00. Shipping is just 97 cents. Turn any room into a theater with the Zoombox DVD Projector, which projects images on the wall, the ceiling or just about anywhere. You can also hook Zoombox to your digital camera, cable box or gaming console (sold separately). Built-in stereo speakers complete the entertainment experience.

Zoombox DVD Entertainment Projector - $248.00 + 97 Cent Shipping @ Wal-Mart

Resolution is 557x234.

My daughters friend has one, I asked her about it and she said it looked great!

I would compare it to watching a local tv channel with an antenna.

It actually looks REAL close to those kits you see on ebay that turn your 13"tv into a 60"-120" projection for $10. (yeah, I'm one of the suckers :), curiosity got the better of me).

IMO, it would be good for ages 4-10, any older than that and they'll complain it doesn't look like mom & dad's tv :)

For best results, use in a dark room on a light-colored wall or ceiling.

Resolutions: 557 x 234

from hasbro's website.... 558x234...not even lo-def tv resolution....NTSC format uses a 648 by 486 resolution format.

soooo...it'll be like sitting 3 feet away from a 60" tv? :P

Don't forget this is a toy projector

# Portable projector

# Built-in DVD/CD player and speakers

# Displays DVDs, video games and more, up to 60" diagonal on the wall or ceiling

# External hook-up for quick connection to most game consoles, video cameras, digital cameras, cable boxes, VCRs and more

# Resolution: 557 x 234

# Includes lamp bulb, 12V AC adapter and instructions

# For best results, use in a dark room on a light-colored wall or ceiling

I am sure a kid would love it, but it is no home theater.

This item doesn't cut it as a home theater project.

Bought mine from Sam's tried it out 10 ft from the screen in a darkened room, and it just didn't provide much of a picture.

Not bright enough & grainy.

Kinda disappointed but at that price I wasn't expecting much. Sam's took it back no problem

This would be great for kids realizing it's more of a toy projector than anything else.

Does anyone know how to convert CDROM to DVD media for the zoombox? The zoombox is no home theatre projector and cannot be used to show small details, but it is a great lightweight unit and I'd use it to show powerpoint and short videos in a small, darkened class room. Also, I called Hasbro and was told replacement bulbs are only $2.00. Many thanks.

I just picked one up at the local Walmart. It was on sale for under $190 I think. It's a cool little toy to have and the speaker is much better than I thought (I had really low expectations for it). As for my first test I hooked up to a PS2, projected into on a white wall, and tried out Final Fantasy X. Needless to say I gave up within a few minutes. I could not even make out the text! Also I tried it during the day today and it's pretty much impossible to use it before the evening if there is any light around. I'll check it out with a DVD at night later. I'll likely end up returning it.

You get what you pay for.