Any good breakfast recipes?

amyers12345

I was looking for some new breakfast recipes for Christmas Morning. We're always looking for something easy, but always end up with the same old stuff.. eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits, gravy, coffee cake, sausage, pancakes, bacon, etc. All the stuff that is so hard to prepare ahead.:gdlicklips:

This is one that I got from the Bisquick cook book that my family loves and you can modify it to fit what your family likes. And it's so simple to prepare and make.

Breakfast Bake

1 pkg pork sausage (hot or mild)

1 pkg frozen loose-pack has brown potatoes

1 pkg swiss cheese or cheddar cheese shredded

1 cup Bisquick

2 cups milk

salt/pepper

6 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or grease 13x9 baking dish.

Cook your sausage (scramble style) until done, drain grease. Layer sausage and potatoes in baking pan. Stir bisquick, milk, eggs and salt/pepper together and pour over sausage and potatoes.

Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until fork inserted in center comes out clean. Then sprinkle your cheese on top and put back in oven and let melt on top.

You can also add anything else to your egg mixture like onions, bell pepper or anything else to add extra flavor.

So simple and easy because you can just put it in the oven while opening gifts or doing whatever on Christmas morning.

This is good because you can prepare it before hand and then throw in in the oven in the morning.

4 slices bread

12 to 16 ounces bacon or sausage, cooked and drained

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

6 eggs, beaten

2 cups milk

1 teaspoon dry mustard

PREPARATION:

Grease the bottom of a 9"x13" pan. Tear up 4 slices of bread and place in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle cooked crubled bacon or sausage over bread pieces. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the bacon or sausage. Mix eggs, milk and mustard together; pour over casserole. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.

These are the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had. You just have to make sure you get the cake mix without pudding in it, or they don't turn out.

Cinnamon Rolls

1pkg.[2layer size]yellow cake mix[without pudding]

2pkgs.active dry yeast

5 cups flour;

2 1/2 cups hot water;

soften butter;

ground cinnamon;

granulated [white] sugar.

Topping; 1 stick [1/2cup] margarine; 1/4 cup brown sugar; 1/4 light corn syrup;1 cup chopped nuts.

Mix dry cake mix, yeast and flour together well. Stir in hot water. Let rise until double in size. Cut dough in half, take 1/2 and roll into rectangle on floured surface. Spread soft butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up like jelly roll cut in 2-inch slices. Place into baking pan repeat with 2nd half of dough let rise in pan until double. just before baking prepare topping . Melt butter mix in brown sugar corn syrup and nuts. Pour over rolls bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

We sometimes just do sausage, eggs, potatoes, toast. But we like a breakfast frittata as well. That is probably what is going to happen this year since I will be having some house guests and it will be easier to make something ahead of time.

12 eggs

1TBL. butter

1 TBL. flour

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

4 oz softened cream cheese

Whip these ingredients together until mixed throughly.

Then add whatever you wish: cheese, cooked breakfast meat, onions, red and green peppers.

Pour this mixture over shredded hashbrowns, bake next day for 1 hour.

:gdyeahthat: I made the Creme Brulee French Toast last year and it was divine!

I am so glad you enjoyed it, Melissa!! Are you going to do a repeat, or try one of the others this year?

These are the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had. You just have to make sure you get the cake mix without pudding in it, or they don't turn out.

Cinnamon Rolls

Thanks misshayley! These sound easy and good. Do you think I could do an overnight rise in the refrigerator?

breakfast casserole

make it the night before

10 eggs

1pint cottage cheese

1lb montery jack cheese

7oz green chilis

1tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup melted butter

1/2 cup flour

melt butter in 13x9 baking dish

in seperate bowl beat eggs until a lemon color then add all remaining ingrediants, pour into butter filled baking dish, chill overnight, bake @ 350 for 40-60 mins(your oven may vary)

we have tried this recipe with other add-ins but always go back to making the casserole per the directions-it just comes out better with nothing but the actual ingrediants and if we want sausage,bacon or ham we make it on the side.

There are some wonderful recipes posted here we will have to try! YUMMMMMMY