Parent's 30th Anniversary Ideas

on red envelope i saw a very pretty engraved vase i guess engraved with their names and date they were married.it was like $100 UGH! but you could get a uniqur vase and have it engraved then fill it with craft items,pearls and diamonds,as pearl is the old fashion gift for 30th anniversaries and diamonds is the new age gift. mydivinci has,for 49.95 where you can send in a copy of an old picture and have it pencil sketched out.they look very cool

For my parents' 25th, we found old pictures of both of their sets of parents and had them restored and all three pics put in one frame, and we got one of those photo things that's like a little photo album that stands up with a metal cover and had it engraved, then at their anniversary party took polaroids of everyone and added those to the album.

For my parents 40th we bought them a terry redlin clock. It was a useful item and not just something that would sit on a shelf. The one we bought was a taller clock that hung on the wall with a print underneath it. The one they got was special to them as it was the harvest moon ball print. In the picture, the name of the musicians who were playing was the william hess orchestra, which is my dad's uncle. If you're not familiar with terry redlin, his pictures are absolutely beautiful. I'm not a fan of animal pictures but I love the ones of family scenes. We also got them a framed print the next year that had 5 children on it playing in the snow, to reflect their 5 kids.

My parent's 30th anniversary passed this summer. We did have a party for them. I was stuck on the whole gift idea too because it seems like everything is for 25th or 50th anniversaries. My parents had a whole box of photos from their wedding and of my brother and I as we grew up. I went through all of them and selected the best ones and turned them into a computer slide show.

If they don't have a computer or if you don't have access to the pics than you could try something else. Maybe book a romantic weekend for them at a bed and breakfast. Fill a basket with wine, wine glasses, cheese, cheese knife, crackers and a gift card for a favorite restaurant.