Veteran TRU BF's: Big Toy Book vs. BF DBs

kgm520

I've only done BF one year (and I skipped TRU) so I'm still pretty new to all of this. I see some pretty good deals in the BT Book, but I'm curious to know if there are consistently BETTER deals on BF? I know no one can speak to specific toys, but overall, are prices better on BF than before it?

Thanks in advance.

As far as BF doorbusters go, don't expect the hot toys to be included. TRU usually has the same stuff every year. Expect stuff like Candyland, the Fisher's Price Doctor's Kit, and Chutes & Ladders for $4-$5.

TRU does a big push each November and will be discounting the entire month. If you are in search of a "hot" item this Christmas, you might want to snap it up now as it might be harder to find after BF.

As far as BF doorbusters go, don't expect the hot toys to be included. TRU usually has the same stuff every year. Expect stuff like Candyland, the Fisher's Price Doctor's Kit, and Chutes & Ladders for $4-$5.

TRU does a big push each November and will be discounting the entire month. If you are in search of a "hot" item this Christmas, you might want to snap it up now as it might be harder to find after BF.

I knew there must have been a reason I skipped TRU last year. Thank you for your input.

On another note: your location is Birmingham? Alabama? I grew up in Montgomery and went to UAB for my grad degree. :)

I also have the BT Book, amongst some other toy books, and have done BF shopping for about 5yrs now ( it's really addictive). I really don't think it is much of a difference between the sales they advertise now and BF. I know in the past I have bought somethings early and they advertised them on BF for the same price. You really got to do your research before BF. I think it's a convenience for people to do all their shopping at once so they thing they are getting a good deal. Another thing to do is compare prices of the same Item to different stores. It really helps in the long run. Good Luck!

I knew there must have been a reason I skipped TRU last year. Thank you for your input.

On another note: your location is Birmingham? Alabama? I grew up in Montgomery and went to UAB for my grad degree. :)

Yes Birmingham, Alabama...although I work in Montgomery!!!!

It has been my experience that what you see on sale now, will not get any cheaper later. I have bought many Barbies and Bratz dolls before the Big Book came out for cheaper than advertised now. I even bought ps2 game Madden 07 from best buy for 27.99. There is no way I would find it cheaper later on. Amazon has the dvd Over the hedge for 14.87 now. Cheapest I have seen so far. BF is a blast, enjoy!!!!!

Just to let you guys know that the big book runs all the way to Nov. 22, so if you buy something in the big book and it happens to go on sale on BF just bring in your receipt and they should price adjust ,as long as you come in during the time if it is a DB, you have 14 days from date of purchase if they have an ad and the item you bought is cheaper just make sure you go in while the ad is ongoing. And if they won't price adjust bring the item with you and tell them you want to return it and repurchase it.

I have been doing Black Friday for the last 10 years and I will say Toys R Us does not usually have the latest toys on sale on that day. It is usually the last year or even the year before popular toys. One thing to look for is the KMart one day a week sale you can get cheaper toys there than at toys r us. That sale will or should start this week and carry on until the week before Christmas.