Talking and moving doll for a 3-year-old

Hi, everyone!

My 3-year-old daughter wants a lifelike doll, that talks, moves her face and drinks from her bottle. Is Amazing Amanda the only one? Or is there a more simple one? Such dolls are extremely expensive here (Amazing Amanda costs 380 dolars!!!), so I won't be able to get one who speaks Portuguese. So, the doll doesn't need to recognize her voice, as she doesn't speak English. Or do you think it would be a good idea to get Amazing Amanda, and try to use the doll to teach her some English? Suggestions... please......

I have read some reviews that really hurt Baby Amanda, especially when it comes to interaction, also it says 5+ You may want to look through a few of these reviews and see what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/MPA-Sales-98161-Amazing-Amanda/dp/B0007UB5YS/sr=8-1/qid=1161886708/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6997417-1532808?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

We almost got Amanda but went to Baby Annabel instead, not as many bells and whistles but still fun. My daughter (now 4) has gotten rather attached

http://www.amazon.com/Zapf-Creation-Baby-Annabell-Function/dp/B0007Y149K/sr=1-8/qid=1161887089/ref=sr_1_8/002-6997417-1532808?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I have read some reviews that really hurt Baby Amanda, especially when it comes to interaction, also it says 5+ You may want to look through a few of these reviews and see what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/MPA-Sales-98161-Amazing-Amanda/dp/B0007UB5YS/sr=8-1/qid=1161886708/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6997417-1532808?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

We almost got Amanda but went to Baby Annabel instead, not as many bells and whistles but still fun. My daughter (now 4) has gotten rather attached

http://www.amazon.com/Zapf-Creation-Baby-Annabell-Function/dp/B0007Y149K/sr=1-8/qid=1161887089/ref=sr_1_8/002-6997417-1532808?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

Thanks a lot for the links!!! Baby Annabell is more like what I want. My daughter will love it! Is it easy to find? Like, can I buy it at Walmart or KBToys, or Toys'r'us?

Wal-Mart was hit and miss, last year they had some but sold out quick, (we did try and they said they had them for a while) as for KB I do not know, I suggest calling the stores ahead. We ended up at Toys R Us, they had a good selection at a decent price.

Good luck, I hope it works out :)

Baby Born is a higher end doll and has more bells and whistles. One thing that freaks a few people out about Baby Annabel is she sleeps with her eys open, we didn't have an issue with it. Plus Baby Born was a bit more pricey. One of the big negative we discovered in our research was that the life like skin gets "dirty" quickly. Now this has been about a year since I did research on this so things may have changed (it looks like she can do a lot more now)

http://www.zapf-creation.com/com/english/brands/overview/babyborn/index.php

I didn't see your location til now :0 so yes it would be a difficult call. But you can check websites some will tell if it's in stock at the store online.

Good luck

Baby Born is a higher end doll and has more bells and whistles. One thing that freaks a few people out about Baby Annabel is she sleeps with her eys open, we didn't have an issue with it. Plus Baby Born was a bit more pricey. One of the big negative we discovered in our research was that the life like skin gets "dirty" quickly. Now this has been about a year since I did research on this so things may have changed (it looks like she can do a lot more now)

http://www.zapf-creation.com/com/english/brands/overview/babyborn/index.php

I didn't see your location til now :0 so yes it would be a difficult call. But you can check websites some will tell if it's in stock at the store online.

Good luck

Yeah, I guess Baby Annabell will be better, as it doesn't require my daughter to speak English to make her respond. But I checked the website, and she sleeps with her eyes closed now. So.. no freaky doll. LOL Yeah, I live in Rio de Janeiro. Such dolls are REALLY expensive here. I saw Amazing Amanda on TV, and it costs 800 reais (that would be more or less 380 dollars!!:eek: ). Considerig that the average salary here is 1000 reais, you can imagine how many people can afford such a doll here...

Hi, everyone!

I'm having some trouble in choosing a doll for my 3-year-old daughter.... In the other thread I started, I was suggested Baby Born, and Baby Annabell. My daughter saw the two commercials online and just loved Annabell because she moves her face when she sucks the bottle and pacifier. I emailed zapf about it. But well, I've just received their reply: they aren't making Annabell anymore!!! So, I guess by the time I get to the USA, it's gonna be sold out. Couldn't find it online either.

Well, my question is: is there any other doll that moves her face when she sucks the bottle???? My daughter has already asked Santa for that...

My daughter got a baby annabell last year for her birthday. We love it. There is another doll made by the same company. Her name is baby chou chou. She does most of what baby annabell does. Makes the same noises etc. I *think* she also moves her mouth as well. Good luck!

My daughter got a baby annabell last year for her birthday. We love it. There is another doll made by the same company. Her name is baby chou chou. She does most of what baby annabell does. Makes the same noises etc. I *think* she also moves her mouth as well. Good luck!

Love Me Chou Chou does. But I can't find it either....

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Love Me chou chou doll is the closest to the Annabell doll of last year, both are by Zapf. I'm also in search of a nice interactive baby that doesn't pee or poop.

DD likes the Talking Chou Chou, so I might get that one. She speaks English & Spanish and says phrases, and sucks a bottle.

The Rock-a-Bye is close to the Love me Chou Chou [except it doesn't move legs like the Love me and Annabell]. IT IS available at TRU for $29.95. Either the Love me or the Talking chou chou is going to be $14.99 BF @ KBToys. I can't figure out which one, it says Love me on the list, but the clickable link shows Talking and there is no adscan yet, but that's the one I'm buying. Can't beat $14.99.

Trish

I believe the Love Me chou chou doll is the closest to the Annabell doll of last year, both are by Zapf. I'm also in search of a nice interactive baby that doesn't pee or poop.

DD likes the Talking Chou Chou, so I might get that one. She speaks English & Spanish and says phrases, and sucks a bottle.

The Rock-a-Bye is close to the Love me Chou Chou [except it doesn't move legs like the Love me and Annabell]. IT IS available at TRU for $29.95. Either the Love me or the Talking chou chou is going to be $14.99 BF @ KBToys. I can't figure out which one, it says Love me on the list, but the clickable link shows Talking and there is no adscan yet, but that's the one I'm buying. Can't beat $14.99.

Trish

I really hope it's the Love Me Chou CHou... The talking Chou Chou wouldn't work for DD, as she doesn't understand English or Spanish! That's why I'm not getting Amazing Amanda. But... have you seen The Rock-a-Bye Chou Chou at TRU as well? Or just Love Me? My friend looked for Rock-a-Bye at her local TRU, Walmart and Kmart and they didn't have it......... I hope my aunt finds it, when she gets to Orlando on Saturday. If not, she'll get the 14,99 one.

I found rock-a-bye chou chou at our local toys r us this past weekend. I bought it for my 3 yr old daughter. I didn't see the love me chou chou, maybe I'll do some more research and exchange the dolls if love me is better.

I also have a 7 yr old step-daughter who wants the amazing allison doll but I'm not going to get it with all the bad reviews. Would the talking chou chou be a good replacement or is there another doll out there close to it?

I found rock-a-bye chou chou at our local toys r us this past weekend. I bought it for my 3 yr old daughter. I didn't see the love me chou chou, maybe I'll do some more research and exchange the dolls if love me is better.

I also have a 7 yr old step-daughter who wants the amazing allison doll but I'm not going to get it with all the bad reviews. Would the talking chou chou be a good replacement or is there another doll out there close to it?

Amazing Allison is not a baby doll, right? I don't know if there would be a good replacement for it... What do the reviews say?

No Amazing Allison is not a baby doll. She is the big sister to Amazing Amanda. They are the same size and everything but Allison looks more like a 6, 7 year old in how she is dressed and her long hair. My step-daughter started out wanting Amanda then switched to Allison about a week ago. The reviews on both dolls are horrible with the same problems.

Okay, I went to Zapf Creations to look up this Love Me Chou Chou doll and it's not listed on their site so I did a search and found a link to where it should have been and Zapf website says Love Me Chou Chou is no longer available. I know our local walmart, target, and kmart stores do not have any of the chou chou dolls (I looked this past weekend) and I called toys r us today and they don't carry her anymore so I guess that one is out of the choices for me.

Okay, I went to Zapf Creations to look up this Love Me Chou Chou doll and it's not listed on their site so I did a search and found a link to where it should have been and Zapf website says Love Me Chou Chou is no longer available. I know our local walmart, target, and kmart stores do not have any of the chou chou dolls (I looked this past weekend) and I called toys r us today and they don't carry her anymore so I guess that one is out of the choices for me.

That sucks!!!!! My last hope is that the KBtoys list for BF is right, and they have the Love Me Chou Chou for 14,99.