Video Game system for a 4yr old

I want to get my 4yr old a vido game system for christmas this year. Im leaning tord the Vsmile. If you own this what do you think of it? Is there a better oprion out there I should consider?

Edited to add - I dont know how it happend but this ended up on the wronge board. Can some one move it for me? Or let me know how to move it?

My son has had the vsmile game system for two years. He will be four this year Christmas time. He also has PS2 and can play both well. We are getting him the Leapster handheld and Nintendo Wii this year. I really think your child will love vsmile.

Edited to add - I dont know how it happend but this ended up on the wronge board. Can some one move it for me? Or let me know how to move it?

Consider it moved :)

Melody - Are you looking for a traditional video game system (PlayStation/Nintendo/XBOX) or video learning system?

I also suggest VSmile. VSmile has new things out this year. They have a dance pad game and an art studio game. Those cost more then the regular games, but you get the accessory necessary to play it with it. Leapster LMax is pretty cool and now they have Leapster TV, which I think is almost the same as LMax except it's played with a controller like the VSmile.. Gamecube has alot of good games for kids, but you would definately have to change the games for your child.

I got the vsmile for my 4 year old dd. She hated it. She didn't really want to learn all the time LOL. So I got her a gameboy color and she loves it. She also plays on her brothers' Gamecube and playstation. There are some educational games you could get the for the systems. Vsmile was a waste of money IMO. I did get her a laptop for 20 dollars for when she wants to learn.

My kids(5,7, and almost 11) are getting the Wii this year. I love the fact that it can play all the gamecube games we already have, so I won't have to go buy them all over again. The older one wants it for the new controller(motion sensor) and he prefers the RPG games that Nintendo has(Zelda, Mario) over the kill 'em games that the Playstation and XBox usually focus on.

We tried the Vsmile as well. Barely entertained her for a week. Yard sale it went. The game boy was bought about same time and is STILL taken EVERYWHERE with us. The ability to watch cartoons, travel, recharge and move up to more and more games makes it wonderful for us.

If you are looking for educational I would say look into a refurbished/hand me down PC and buy games/learning tools for it. We have a computer for her and it is so much easier to find interesting learning games for it then any of the "narrow window" systems Try to find characters they like in the subject and learning level you want for one certain system made by one maker just makes it that much harder

If you are looking for a true game system To me its the Gameboy hands down

BTW DD was 4 last year when she got these