torn between 2 wal-marts....

amyers12345

Okay, here's my dilemna... the wal-mart i always go to is in a town of about 15,000. This is 15 miles east of me. Familiar territory. (no other stores but walgreens within 40 miles)

There is a new one in a town of 4,000 14 miles west of me. The new one is harder to find things in, and is very dimly lit, giving everyone a headache.

I think things might be easier to get at the new one, and a larger city is about 15 more miles west of there, so I could go on to BB, Target, Bass Pro, Sams, Joanns, Old Navy, etc.

I just don't know if I wan't to break the traditions, where I know the rules of BF, to go somewhere that may be better, may be worse.

HELP!!!

That's a tough one, on BF things are not where they should be anyway, so as far as not knowing your way around doesn't really matter. I think I would probably go to the one in the small town, then you are closer to the other stores for more stops, you can always stop at the other Walmart if you don't get something at one.

You need a partner placed at the other store and a cell phone. Meet up when you are done.

I have 3 Walmarts around me. All very accessible. I found that the one that is the older of the 3 is better. Everyone runs to the new one on BF and the other one is dead. All same items (obviously) but half as crowded.). Also, the one I like lets you put items in your carts at midnight just not check out till 6am. I talked to an employee last week and she said in their meeting, the manager said that would be the case this year.

I have 3 Walmarts around me. All very accessible. I found that the one that is the older of the 3 is better. Everyone runs to the new one on BF and the other one is dead. All same items (obviously) but half as crowded.). Also, the one I like lets you put items in your carts at midnight just not check out till 6am. I talked to an employee last week and she said in their meeting, the manager said that would be the case this year.

Where are you in Ohio?:)

Having moved around alot in the last couple of years, I have found that most are the same. Last year, while waiting for the CPNewborns to be "unveiled" at 6 am, a nice lady told me to go to the older walmart on the other side of town. SHe claimed that they would have anything that I missed that morning and she was right!!!! I found stuff that was gone at the SuperWalmart - I shopped there alot after that.

I think it would depend on the sales at the other store also. Cuz if BB, Target, and the other stores have stuff that is a good deal, your going to spend a lot of your time backtracking, and you dont want to waste any valuable time on THAT day. IF its a walmart your not familiar with, go a week or two ahead of time and get the layout down, if possible?

Also, like Trish1298 said, the stuff isnt where its suppose to be on BF anyways.. (like putting the computers in the middle of the grocery section)

Can anyone tell me how the 24 hour walmarts handle the electronics on BF? I am hoping to find some nintendo DS on sale during BF. If it is a 24 hour walmart how do they handle this? They don't usually let you carry those around in your shopping cart, you have to purchase them when you ask for them.

Can anyone tell me how the 24 hour walmarts handle the electronics on BF? I am hoping to find some nintendo DS on sale during BF. If it is a 24 hour walmart how do they handle this? They don't usually let you carry those around in your shopping cart, you have to purchase them when you ask for them.

At our walmart, you have to wait in a line for a ticket. You just carry the ticket around until you're done shopping, pay for it, and go around to the lawn and garden or the grocery doors, show them your receipt, and they get it for you. Much easier, because once you have a ticket, you're guaranteed the item, and you don't have to worry about it get stolen!

I think it would depend on the sales at the other store also. Cuz if BB, Target, and the other stores have stuff that is a good deal, your going to spend a lot of your time backtracking, and you dont want to waste any valuable time on THAT day. IF its a walmart your not familiar with, go a week or two ahead of time and get the layout down, if possible?

Also, like Trish1298 said, the stuff isnt where its suppose to be on BF anyways.. (like putting the computers in the middle of the grocery section)

in the one I usually go to, toys are in toys, appliances are in housewares, clothing are in typical depts. That's what I'm worried about! Everything is so easy there! I guess we'll see....

If worse comes to worse, there's a little one horse town about 25 miles away with a regular wal-mart. I got TMX Elmo's there 5 days after they had sold out everywhere else!

At our walmart, you have to wait in a line for a ticket. You just carry the ticket around until you're done shopping, pay for it, and go around to the lawn and garden or the grocery doors, show them your receipt, and they get it for you. Much easier, because once you have a ticket, you're guaranteed the item, and you don't have to worry about it get stolen!

In our Walmart, they just start having people form a line, and then hand them out when it hits 6am. And if your lucky enough to get one before run out, good deal. If not, you just wasted your time for nothing. :eek:

I personally would love it if they gave out the tickets.. at least you knew your getting one, and dont have to waste much time in a line. :tired:

I would go to the newer one if it is closer to everything else and the only issue is you don't "know" it. We have 2 Wal-Marts within 15 minutes of me and we always go to the less crowded older one then straight into town because it is the fastest route. Also, about 30 minutes away is a Wal-mart in a small town that you can usually find things at way after both of ours have sold out. For me though, time is important on this day!

that is a hard descision, but planning your steps b4 you do it always make for a good return..... since the Wally World's in my areas have different deals on a regular, what we normally do is about 8 or so on Thursday we go get a layout of the land, even though they have the plastic on most pallets you can tell where the deals are, they have 2 or 3 employees hovering around them to keep the public out.... so once you survey both locations on what is to be bought w/ DBs, BF sales, and the local sales deals, then you go home and you map out your plans, where to hit first, based on what you think will be gone first, and also you may want to pass by the other stores if you are not a night owl and get a survey of the lines outside the stores

that is a hard descision, but planning your steps b4 you do it always make for a good return..... since the Wally World's in my areas have different deals on a regular, what we normally do is about 8 or so on Thursday we go get a layout of the land, even though they have the plastic on most pallets you can tell where the deals are, they have 2 or 3 employees hovering around them to keep the public out.... so once you survey both locations on what is to be bought w/ DBs, BF sales, and the local sales deals, then you go home and you map out your plans, where to hit first, based on what you think will be gone first, and also you may want to pass by the other stores if you are not a night owl and get a survey of the lines outside the stores

Great advice! I had never thought of going the night before. Until last year, our supercenter closed while they were stocking. Do they get the stuff out there that early?

I was trying to decide between a newer closer Walmart and a smaller older dingier further away Walmart too. I was going to go the new one just because I figured they would have larger quantities. Decisions Decisions.

If the small one isn't a Super-Walmart, and it's in a smaller town, I'd go there... we have that tiny one, but it's quite a ways away, and close to NOTHING else. Last year we went there on Saturday, and they still had even the CP dolls.