Walgreens FYI

Rockfordmom

YMMV, Just wanted to give fellow Walgreens shoppers a heads up:

When I went to a Walgreens last week I saw something on clearance and passed on it but at home found a coupon for it so I went back the next day and all of the clearance items were gone and when I asked she told me that they destroyed all of them and there will be no more clearance until after after Christmas. I went to another one (there's too many Walgreens in this town) and they had not done that yet, but I suspect that they all will soon.

On another note, I went to Walgreens yesterday and the girl asked for my coupons before she rang me up and matched every item up with the coupons and told me that I couldn't use a $1 off manuf. coupon for an item that was .99 with a Walgreens coupon because I would be making money off them??? I politely argued that it was 1 cent and I was buying 2 of them which equals 1.98 so I was paying more than $1 for the product and she called a manager over and the manager said OK. That's never happened to me before, I don't know if it was just that cashier or a new policy or what?????

YMMV, Just wanted to give fellow Walgreens shoppers a heads up:

On another note, I went to Walgreens yesterday and the girl asked for my coupons before she rang me up and matched every item up with the coupons and told me that I couldn't use a $1 off manuf. coupon for an item that was .99 with a Walgreens coupon because I would be making money off them??? I politely argued that it was 1 cent and I was buying 2 of them which equals 1.98 so I was paying more than $1 for the product and she called a manager over and the manager said OK. That's never happened to me before, I don't know if it was just that cashier or a new policy or what?????

Thanks. I've never been in that situation with Walgreens. I can use both a Walgreens coupon and a manuf coupon for the same product, and they never give me any hassles. But then again, I've never combined both on a single item to make it "less than free".

Thanks. I've never been in that situation with Walgreens. I can use both a Walgreens coupon and a manuf coupon for the same product, and they never give me any hassles. But then again, I've never combined both on a single item to make it "less than free".

They said that you can use both on the same product, just not get it less than free. They must have had some problems because they've never done that before, but the makeup cashiers do question my coupons more than the regular cashiers.

I learned the other day that makeup stuff rung up at the makeup register only gets that person a commission, so they might have an incentive to cut down on how many coupons you can use ;)

the makeup cashiers do question my coupons more than the regular cashiers.

I ALWAYS have a problem using both a Walgreens coupon and a manufacturers coupon, even though I've emailed and got the okay and also talked to a manager...Maybe because I'm in there so much?!

I use the WG and MFC all the time and is the cashier gets perplexed I tell them they have to price adjust the itm up by a few cents to make the coupon work... if they still don't get it I get the manager. soemtimes a hassel bt if it works out you are walking out of there paying less than a buck why not.

Thank goodness, I haven't had that problem with my local Walgreen's. Actually, they are the best about letting you combine coupons around here. (AR) I used 4 differnet coupons this week, ranging in price from $.75-$1.50 off on the $.99 Aquafresh toothpaste this week...and they let me use them all. Sorry you've had so much trouble with your local WG.

ive had the same problem with walgreens. they wouldnt let me use a cpn for deodorant because i had a 1.00 cpn and it was .99. i told them all stores do it and just take of .99 and they wouldnt. they would be coming out ahead because they would still get 1.00 wouldnt they?

I ALWAYS have a problem using both a Walgreens coupon and a manufacturers coupon, even though I've emailed and got the okay and also talked to a manager...Maybe because I'm in there so much?!

I have the same problem! Last week, I used both coupons for an item that should have made it free but instead of taking a $1 off, they only took .80 cents off so that I had to pay .20 cents! It's crazy! I paid anyway because I didn't want to be the person to yell about .20 cents but it still is very irratating! I can never get out of there with a free item, I always have to pay something! I think it's a conspiracy! :eyepoppin

The WG in Elgiin (Larkin ave) gave me a hard time. There was a WG coupon, for $1.00 off of 2 bags of Brachs candy corn, and I had a Manufactures coupon for $0.55, so I wasn't making any money!! I still had to pay out...and they wouldn't let me use one of each coupon. I was like fine...."take them off my order, and give me back my coupon! I'll use it at Jewel (they are across the street), they don't cheat their customers" She gave me a dirty look, and said Thank you sarcastically!

What I pain:curse: !