Libby Lu

they just opened on in Ft. Wayne Mall...have been keeping an eye out for any sort of promo to make our first trip. DD is 5 and i was worried she will be to young for it as well. they say it is more for tween market so not sure how well the younger crowd would be accepted

It certainly looks like one of those places that can get expensive fast(I.E. buildabearworkshop) Here is the link for anyone wanting more info.

http://www.clublibbylu.com/

you have to sign up in store to be in the "club" so figure next time we are down there will try to sneak in sign her up and get back out w/out her seeing it

My daughter is a real girly girl - for a while she wouldn't even wear anything besides skirts and dresses. So I took her when she was just 4. She liked picking out the little gifts that come with the hairdo and make-up but got all weird when they went to do her hair. She made me take her hair down in the middle of the mall as soon as we left the store. She didn't like the glitter either. We had just painted her nails at home so she didn't want to change it. She is 4 1/2 now and she asks all the time if we can go there. I am waiting a while longer because I don't want to waste the money again. Maybe you should just take her and let her pick out a dress up outfit and wings or a tiara and hold off on the whole makeover session. The dress up stuff will last longer. Good luck!

I just went in there with my nieces to walk around. I wasn't impressed at all, it seems like all they are tyring to do is have kids grow up too fast. There was a bday party going on there and the kids where about 8 or 9 years old. They were dressed in revealing clothes with pink hair and two much make up. I would never take any kids I know in there again.

Never heard of it. But I would say you'll probably get off cheaper buying the bonnie bell makeup (.99 ea) at Walmart along with a boa and a few other girlie accessories and doing it at home.(JAS)

My dd(9) always gets a few bonnie bell pieces from lip gloss to eye shadow to a few of the teeny nail polishes in her stocking and loves thenm. ;)