Holiday gift sets

pogiporkchop

There was one last year that I really liked...two cereal bowls (Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes), with matching spoons and mini boxes of cereal. I opened it and split it between the kids, and it was the gift I let the kids open on Christmas Eve. It would be their Xmas breakfast while waiting for Mom and Dad to wake up! They loved it!

I usually get my DS the adidas cologne set every year.

I love to go to WM after Christmas when these sets are marked

down up to 75% off. I use them for the following year (well not

the food ones):hungry:

Last year I was lucky to find lots of the gift sets at WM after Christmas. I used them as gifts for games played during a baby shower. Everyone was so amazed at how much money I must have spent. ;)

I also picked up some great gift sets at Bath and Body Works and used them for birthday gifts, and a special gift to myself for saving money.

I am beginning to love the day and week after Christmas just as much as BF. :cheesy:

How much do these sets go for before the after the holiday sales?

The last couple of years our christmases have been a bust because of my dads condition...since he's gone this year, I think I'm going to try to get some cheer back into that time of year for us. :)

...and if I can save a few bucks in the process, so much the better!!

-Mike

I love the ones at Costco, BJ's and Sams.. they're expensive though..anywhere from 20 to 100 bucks depending on what's in it... Sams used to go 50percent the day after Christmas (I've noticed they don't do that anymore) and we used to go get all we could that didn't look Christmasy.... I'd use them for early year birthdays and Mothers Day

The gift sets always look much better to me AFTER Christmas when they get marked down. But if there is one that I really want I will go ahead and buy it before it's gone.LOL I usually don't get them as gifts because I like giving more personalized gifts, but I like getting them myself!LOL

You can say that again! :D I've seen gift sets starting at $5 up to $100+ regular price, and they go quick right before Christmas. Then right after Christmas they get marked down and go even quicker. Last year I went to Meijer and got a beautiful hanging wall basket filled with some yummy treats for friends of mine in Japan... I ended up spending three times more on postage than I did on the $40 basket, which only cost me $4! That's a deal!

My ex and I always got the armorall gift pack every year from his friend. It lasted all year and we loved it. Then he got a new girlfriend and she thought that it was terrible!! We all laughed on Christmas when we asked where the gift set was... I had to buy it on clearance that year, but we got back on track the next year!!!!

I love the Disney ones. Usually they are really picked over by the time it goes to the day after. I wish I was not so cheap that I will only buy them once they go on sale. :sidesplit

If I buy these before Christmas, its a last minute gift ans it KILLS me to pay full price knowing that in a couple of days they will be 1/2 off... Yes, I have waited to do "christmas get together" after to take advantage of the sales...:o

If I buy these before Christmas, its a last minute gift ans it KILLS me to pay full price knowing that in a couple of days they will be 1/2 off... Yes, I have waited to do "christmas get together" after to take advantage of the sales...:o

LOL my DD would rather have cash than anything else so she can hit the day after Christmas sales. I am sure once my kids get older we will celebrate at least the day after the day after :P.