Belk Stores Grand Openings!!!

susiestar

We had a Belk Store open in our town on Wed. I had never heard of them, but am now quite fond of them!!

They open all their new stores on the same day, so at least 5 other towns had Belk's open Wed also.

I got a $10 of $10 purchase coupon in the mail. They had 15% off coupons in sale flyers at the store and in the paper.

They had a wonderful set of 8 ceramic mixing bowls in different colors (each bowl a different color) for $19.99, prewrapped!! Lots of other great prewrap deals also.

They had Calphalon 6 piece baking sets for $30. WONDERFUL quality!!

Our town has not had decent makeup available for several years. Only Merle Norman (not bad, but not my fave) and drug store makeup. now we have Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Lancome!! I can get the stuff in the magazines w/o travelling 75 miles!!

They had top regional execs for Estee Lauder come in with teams to do facials and makeovers. My mom has just gotten rid of glasses for the first time in 50 years, and had her eyelids done!! She had NO CLUE what to do makeup wise.

The head honcho for Estee did her makeup and gave us TONS of samples. With a Belk card you get a discount on makeup!! Then Doreen told me to come in the next day to have my makeup done. colors are a prob for me as I am color blind.

Mom had such a lift, much needed!! I took her a goodie bag for travellers that night and she gave my dau samples!

The next day I went in and got a facial, facial massage, hand massage, and then my makeover. She wrote down all the colors and gave me MORE free samples!! I ahve NEVER looked so good. I even took a picture!! I ahve all the products written down, and can find less expensive versions of some.

The best thing is teh way they were so sweet!! And if you go in and ask about foundation they will give you a free 3-4 day sample of your custom color!! No purchase necessary!!

And the fragrances are plentiful. They had a drawing, pull a number out of a hat thingy, for Vera Wang Princess Perfume. It is labelled a tester, but is 3.4 oz!! I won it!! I can't use perfume at ALL (migraines), but it was still a nice thing. And my dau got a much sought after sample of Hilary Duff's fragrance.

All in all, i will be looking at Belf for BF sales!!

And the sale prices all over the store were great!

Susie

We had our Belk store grand opening on Wednesday also. I couldn't go that day, and I haven't been yet, but I have been wanting to go. We didn't get any of the $10 coupons in the mail though. But it sounds like you did great there, congratulations! I might try to go there tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

Belk is a great store. Make sure you sign up for the Z-Card in the young men's or junior's departments because they give you 10% off on certain purchases---items marked Z-Universe. They have regular markdowns and I have found some great things from there for little to nothing.

If you see something there that you want, you should never buy it right away, because they are always marking things down. I just bought a Southpole outfit with the black jogging pants, black jacket, and black & turquoise shirt for $13.98---giving me a total savings of $95.00.

My parents had a new belk open in their town in NC. Belk is like dillards but is the largest family owned department store. I think they are mostly on the east coast. There are always discounts on things so never buy anything unless its on sale.

• 4 weeks later...

We were supposed to have a Belk here in Columbus, GA, since Belk bought out the Parisian stores. Now, Belk has changed their mind and will just close the Parisian store by early 2007. I was very disappointed to hear that there was no Belk store coming here.

I usually go to the Belk stores in Macon, Albany and Valdosta, GA. They have some of the best clearance sales (50% plus an additional 40% off red-dot clearance). I went there last year for BF and totally racked up on sales (mostly for me :D ).

Congrats to all of you with new Belk stores! I'm really jealous....