>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

got to best buy around 7:45, weren't sure how many they were getting, it was a little hazy because there were GROUPS of people and you didnt know how many were getting a wii, and how many were just their kids. etc.

but our BB got 30, and I was 18, so i been playing Monkey Ball since about noon, gonna start in on Zelda soon :) soo excited. thanks for the heads up about BB.

OK this is what I got from today. Most places get truckloads of deliveries and I assumed everything came by mail or UPS. So they do get deliveries on Sundays also. Some places told me when the deliveries were coming from their own computers. Like my local ToysRUs is getting some on Friday. CompUsa is getting some on Tuesday. Have two Walmarts getting some on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now the problem is they have no exact time of delivery and when they come they are just putting them out on the floor. So what ya do? Camp out all day? Very frustrating. Wish I knew someone who worked at one of these places. Or better yet, they know these are coming, why can't they take preorders? Now did have a guy at Gamestop who we buy lots of games from them us that we should not worry that a huge amount of these Wii's are hitting stores this week and most people will get them and he laughed at us for panicking. He said this is not the PS3 and to just relax. Easy for him to say, I have a kid who only wants this thing for Christmas and nothing else and I see games selling out but I am afraid to load up on games if I can't get the system.

Well it seems as if my Thanksgiving pleadings to all, about needed a Wii, did not go unheeded. :D My sister-in-law's brother scored one for me this morning at Best Buy and just dropped it off. He bought the replacement plan too since he wasn't sure if I wanted it or not. He got a tip off about the local BB getting a shipment and went up there around 9am. HOW COOL WAS THAT OF HIM!! :yup: I guess this is my good karma payback for the year I snagged 3 Furbies for Grandmas to give for Christmas.

I did pick up a remote this weekend and now I am in search of a game! My brother bought Zelda for my son in the hopes that we would be able to get one for Christmas.:cheesy:

You would think they could've made the original gamecube remotes work for the gamecube games. Just a way to make more money I think.

The original GameCube controllers DO work on the Wii, there are actually 4 ports for Gamecube controllers and 2 slots for Gamecube memory cards.

PHEW!! I am the luckiest girl on the planet.

I scored myself a wii with amazon back in september. My mom wanted me to help her get several Wiis for my siblings. She needs 3. I scored one for her during a walmart preorder and then this morning, I was 17 in line at Best Buy and they were got 18. I got there at 8:30 and they passed out tickets at 9am.

Only ONE more to go. My mom is planning on surprising everyone with their own wii's at Christmas. We are all older (no one is under 22, lol) so no one is expecting my mom to buy them an expensive system like this. Usually we get gift cards :)

The original GameCube controllers DO work on the Wii, there are actually 4 ports for Gamecube controllers and 2 slots for Gamecube memory cards.

Thanks so much!! So I don't need the classic controller then as long as I have gamecube controllers? That is great to know!!!

Got a Wii for my brother-in-law this morning at Best Buy. I was in line about 8 am(number 28) and they let us in the store about 9:30. The store(in Northern Virginia)got 50 units. We could not ring up until 10.

I am still trying to get one more. I talked to my local Target and they said sometime end of this month or very beginning of next month. Anyone know anything more detailed about Target?

I ended up getting one. We are so far away from stores except Walmart there was no way I was going to catch one before Christmas for the kids. With this in hand ran up to Walmart and picked up Zelda and Rayman (which everyone is raving about as as pure silly fun - right up my alley).

I ended up getting one. We are so far away from stores except Walmart there was no way I was going to catch one before Christmas for the kids. With this in hand ran up to Walmart and picked up Zelda and Rayman (which everyone is raving about as as pure silly fun - right up my alley).

I am holding out. I snagged a PS3 today and figured if I can do that and PS3 is way harder to get then I can get a Wii too. Plus I saw Elmos yesterday in ToysRUs when I just missed out on the Wii. No way am I paying over retail for a toy.

I ordered a wii from wal-mart.com the bundle,well when I called wm.com they said that they were not sure when they were getting them to ship so on JC Penney.com they had them to order so then I ordered one from them well people were getting free shipping and they would not give it to me in the mean time I cancelled the order from wal-mart three days later when I checked my order on wal-mart they shipped the system plus one game when I called the lady said if I wanted to keep the system I could and return the game at the store and I would be refunded the shipping too being I already cancelled it and they shipped it. Well today I called wal-mart.com she said I had to return everything that you could not break up the bundle I said that I only got the system plus one game and that I'm not sending it back all the other games are cancelld in my order when I checked it plus when I checked my credit card statement they never billed for it. Any suggestions what to do, did anyone else order the bundle from Wal-mart.com???

I ordered a wii from wal-mart.com the bundle,well when I called wm.com they said that they were not sure when they were getting them to ship so on JC Penney.com they had them to order so then I ordered one from them well people were getting free shipping and they would not give it to me in the mean time I cancelled the order from wal-mart three days later when I checked my order on wal-mart they shipped the system plus one game when I called the lady said if I wanted to keep the system I could and return the game at the store and I would be refunded the shipping too being I already cancelled it and they shipped it. Well today I called wal-mart.com she said I had to return everything that you could not break up the bundle I said that I only got the system plus one game and that I'm not sending it back all the other games are cancelld in my order when I checked it plus when I checked my credit card statement they never billed for it. Any suggestions what to do, did anyone else order the bundle from Wal-mart.com???

I have had the same issue. They shipped a console and game and 1 game says pending. The rest were cancelled. BUT my credit card still has a hold for the original $715! They assure me I will be only billed for what actually shipped. How long did it take you to get the modified billing?

I walked into my Wal-Mart today and they had two just sitting in the case. I thought they were displays, but I had them unlock the case and sure enough it was for real! They definatley weren't there yesterday...so some stores must still be getting shipments. YEAH!

I have had the same issue. They shipped a console and game and 1 game says pending. The rest were cancelled. BUT my credit card still has a hold for the original $715! They assure me I will be only billed for what actually shipped. How long did it take you to get the modified billing?

My credit card was never billed yet I don't get it! I was the one who cancelled the whole bundle but they shipped the system and one game and cancelled everything else I guess so I won't be getting anything else they better only bill me for the system and the one game. Are you supposta get the rest of your games? Can they put a hold on your credit card?

My credit card was never billed yet I don't get it! I was the one who cancelled the whole bundle but they shipped the system and one game and cancelled everything else I guess so I won't be getting anything else they better only bill me for the system and the one game. Are you supposta get the rest of your games? Can they put a hold on your credit card?

The way that works is they bill your CC just to make sure the money is there.But the money actually never gets billed to you.Only what is owed.It happens to my debit card all the time when i use it.Its just a safety measure to make sure you have the funds there.

I also had cancelled mine and it still shipped. We got the console and one game today. All the rest say cancelled. The post on my cc is for the full amount as a pending charge. I'm not worried if they in fact adjust the price. But I don't want to pay $700 for a system with 1 game...YIKES

Guest Deals4Mommy

www.overstock.com has nunchucks for sure I was just on there. Can't remember about the controllers though.

The Nunchuk on Overstock is a pre-order and doesn't ship until 1/26/07.

I also had cancelled mine and it still shipped. We got the console and one game today. All the rest say cancelled. The post on my cc is for the full amount as a pending charge. I'm not worried if they in fact adjust the price. But I don't want to pay $700 for a system with 1 game...YIKES

Did you call wal-mart.com and ask them what is gonna happen now did they tell you that you had to return what you got or could you keep it if you want????