>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Got a wii from circuit city online this morning plus extra controllers. Good luck to you all and thanks for your help.

Congrats to you!!! :D

I've been refreshing the Circuit City page all morning - on of these times I'll hit it, I just know, LOL!!! :D

Here's my story. Me and my friend decided to buy wii and realize there's no way we have to wait. So we go to walmart this morning. They opened at 6am. We got there at 3am and were no 11 and 12 in line. It was 32 degrees feezing cold. First time doing this ever. We got wii. They had 20 units. There were at least 50 60 in line by 6am. This one girl initially told us they had 30 then someone 10 then someone said they open at 8am. Bs. They opened doors at 6am but first person for wii was at 604 am. We all impatient. Finally a employee came out and let us in 2 at a time.

Then we go home blah blah. I stop by target like 805am and found out they had 3 ps3 but they sold out already. So I go check cds and found the 50 ani elmo doll. No was there asked the employee said I don't know so I ran out with one. What a day.

WOW!!! That's a long time to stand in line. I, actually, got in line at 4:30 this morning and Walmart opened up a half hour early, at 6:30, for those of us that were standing in line. I was #2. #3 & 4 came a couple minutes after. The rest came around 5:30 and then there was an unbelievable majority that came just as the store was opening at 7AM and wondering why they had sold out...LOL. Could you believe this people were very upset. I stayed for the store opening at 7AM as they would not sell anything else, not even the controllers before that time. So, I was able to tell these people that it didn't matter if the store opened a half hour early or not, they still had to get in line and they were TOO LATE!!!

How can you expect to get a highly sought after item by getting in line 5 minutes before the store opens??? That's crazy.

One guy lucked out. He got there last after the Wii & PS3 were sold. He complained just for the sake of complaining, asked for the manager's name, said he was reporting the store, blah, blah, blah...he then apologized, hung around a little and then started to leave. The manager called him back and told them they found a PS3 60GB in the back and he got that one!!! Boy, I wish I could have told the people that took the 20GB PS3(there were only 4). They only took that because they were told there were no 60GB.

It was a long time, but we had nothing else to do, and my searching days are limited due to an up coming 5 day trip, soooo. Now i can erase all the store links in my favorites hehe. On a similiar complaining note, the official last guy to get one showed up about 5ish i think, but he was number 10 on the list, store only had 9. he decided to wait anyway just in case. well at 730 this girl comes in and sits down. One of the other "Nintendo Nine" (name i came up with for our group this morning) asked her what number she was. She smiled real big and said 9. We all kinda looked at each other like, hmmmmm. We were told you had to wait in the designated area and blah blah blah. She said oh i have been here all night i was working. Wanna piss 9 tired people off, tell them your an employee and you signed up on the list and just got off at 730. Needless to say, after 4 of us went to the "ringmaster" for the wii's today, miss oh i work here went home without and mr guy who waited like the rest of us got his.

Looking for WII controllers. Check Circuit City, you can do it online and put in your zip code and it will tell you if the one near you has them in stock or not. I just went to the CC in Joliet and they have about 6 left, Target over there also has about 6. They only have the remotes, no nunchucks, however I did order the nuncheck at Gamestop.com, should ship within 24 hours it says. Good luck all! I'm all set finally!!:) :tongue1::yup:

Look to the right, it will say Purchase In Store, click on that and there should be an area to put in your zip code!

I must be doing something really different, as I don't see that at all. It says shopping cart is empty. must not be my lucky day... thanks.

Look to the right, it will say Purchase In Store, click on that and there should be an area to put in your zip code!

OK ... I am feeling really stupid right now.

Here is the page I am on: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorySpecial.do?catOid=-16621&cmSearchKeyword=Wii&c=1&cm_re=Top%20Searches-_-1-_-Wii

Where is the area to put a zip code ?

Or should I be on another page ?

Sorry ....

OK ... I am feeling really stupid right now.

Here is the page I am on: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorySpecial.do?catOid=-16621&cmSearchKeyword=Wii&c=1&cm_re=Top%20Searches-_-1-_-Wii

Where is the area to put a zip code ?

Or should I be on another page ?

Sorry ....

If you will click on the link that says Buy Wii Accessories now, it will take you to a list of accessories. ON each one you will be given the opportunity to put it in your cart..also notice that there is a place that says How to Get it and a box for Zip Code below it. THat box is there for each item. when you put in your zip it will tell you closest store where that item is available.

If you will click on the link that says Buy Wii Accessories now, it will take you to a list of accessories. ON each one you will be given the opportunity to put it in your cart..also notice that there is a place that says How to Get it and a box for Zip Code below it. THat box is there for each item. when you put in your zip it will tell you closest store where that item is available.

Thanks, I tried that. No Wii's listed. Just remotes, etc.

I am getting discouraged... I can't get a Wii to save my life. Of course it is the ONLY thing my 7year old wants. I am resisting the Scam-bay buying as long as I can. Does anyone know if there are any coming into anywhere this week or weekend? I have sooo much time invested in trying to get one and it's just not happening. Anyone have any insider tips?

Argh... it shouldn't be this hard to get a system.

Thanks so much for any help. :)

My sister just received a call from JC Penney's - canceling her Wii order that was supposed to have shipped on December 4th. The woman apologized and told my sister that they need to make 1200 more phone calls.

I must have got lucky then because I received mine on 12/4;the date it was suppose to be shipped, keep looking you will find one.

Guest Deals4Mommy

I am getting discouraged... I can't get a Wii to save my life. Of course it is the ONLY thing my 7year old wants. I am resisting the Scam-bay buying as long as I can. Does anyone know if there are any coming into anywhere this week or weekend? I have sooo much time invested in trying to get one and it's just not happening. Anyone have any insider tips?

Argh... it shouldn't be this hard to get a system.

Thanks so much for any help. :)

There's a rumor that they will be at Best Buy on the 17th which is a Sunday. They didn't have any Sunday that passed, but they were at CC, TRU and Target. Also, in addition to Walmart having them yesterday, a few Gamestop/EBGames stores had them as well. There will be additional units going to different Gamestop/EBGames stores today and Friday. So, I suggest you wait around at stores that didn't get a shipment yesterday as they get daily deliveries and many times do not know what is on the truck.

I'm sure there will be several more buying opportunities before Christmas, it's just that you have to get in line early. You can not expect to get a system if you get in line at 5:55 and the store opens at 6:00. Apparently, many people think so and couldn't understand why the item was sold out before the store opened, as in my Walmart experience. Like I told one lady, it didn't matter what time they opened as they took to first people in line. It's not like there's a mad dash to the systems. My Walmart only had 6 and so they didn't even bother to pass out tickets as the manager knew who we are were when it came time to let us in.

Guest Deals4Mommy

Another FYI: Walmart has the cheapest warranty of all the stores; $17.88 for 2 years. I hear Best Buy has the worst there's cost $60 from what I hear, but I have not confirmed that. Also, I don't know if it's for 1 year or 2.

Maybe, someone in this thread can let us know how much the warranty is on Electronics at Best Buy and for how long.

My sister just received a call from JC Penney's - canceling her Wii order that was supposed to have shipped on December 4th. The woman apologized and told my sister that they need to make 1200 more phone calls.

Yea I got that call from JCP. This is what I think of them:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::gdboxer::gdangry4::gdcensored::banghead: If I would have known a day earlier I could have waited in line at Walmart. If anybody can help me Please do.

First TRU with the freakin Elmos and now Stupid JCP with the Wii...Nothen ever goes my way:mad: :banghead::gdno:

Borrowed this from another board for those of you have gotten a wii:

Don't get a 4th Wii Remote if you like playing games like the ones on Wii Sports, because in one month they'll be releasing the game "Wii Play" in a package with one wii remote. It's only 49.99, which means that the game itself is only 10, with the wiimote being 40.00.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Play