>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

-Bestbuy - HAHA lines / Sunday Morning

-Gamestop - hopefully 12:00 this afternoon

-Toys R' US - Sunday morning, their shipment came in too late to put it through inventory so they are going to wait until sunday to sell them

-Costco - 9:30 this morning (hopefully)

-Wal-mart - Website crashed HAHA

I give up if costco doesnt have it because this is just crazy, I can wait till sunday

Best Buy....:no: Went at 3:30am...must have been 200+ people in line.

So we waited in line at TRU...no go. Our TRU said tonight or tomorrow so check before Sunday, just in case.

Went to all Gamestop's, around 5 of them. All had 5 units and people in line already..so a bust there.

Went to Best Buy to get some other stuff and they are saying Sunday.

....the saga continues...:cheesy:

We got lucky. DH and I were going to get up at 3:00 and go to TRU but he set the alarm clock wrong. He woke up at 5:30 and knew he was in trouble so he took off down to TRU and called me and said the line was soooooooooo long. I told him to ask someone and he did and they told him to get in line they had plenty. 30 minutes later he was walking out the door with our Wii.................WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! He said they still had about 20 more too.

Oh man, I was at TRU at 2:00am this morning, being the first in line, and unfortunatelly when I got to the electronics cash register, the employee told me that they didn't have any, but this other worker told him to go check in the back because she tought she had seen some, but the guy came back with no good news, I was incredibly dissapointed. I was able to buy the laughing elmo, so that prevented my day from being ruined, so I drove to the mall and tried target which they opened at 7:00am, I waited about 1 1/2 hours, no luck either, I gave up and walked around the mall when I saw about 6 people lined up outside EBgames, so I hurried and lined up too, waited about 1 1/2 hours too, which was torture because the fire alarms went on and that horrible sound went on the entire time I was there.

They opened and turns out they only got 6, I being number 7!

Looks like Im going to have to try my luck Sunday.

Hey everyone!

I've been hearing that Best Buy will be releasing more Wii's this Sunday. However, I also heard that places such as Target would be releasing them today for black friday...waited...to no avail. So I'm none to anxious to wait outside best buy, once again, for nothing.

I tried calling, and all I got was a generic reply: Check the ad or keep calling back.

So, for those who are saying they'll have some in on Sunday, is there anyway i can validate this? I know that the Black Friday ads get released on the internet early....is the same true for Sunday ads?

I'm anxious to pick one up, but at the same time don't want to be waiting for nothing (again:p)

Hi!! I got mine this morning and I was almost certain I wouldnt. I live in a very small town less than 2000 people. I went to Walmart at 4:00 and got done and home at 5:30. Let home at 5:50 got at Gamestop at 6:00 and was first in line they opened at 7:00 they had 3 of them. I got the first one and a wireless controller. Yes Im so happy. I was so worried after Amazon made me mad not delivering the bundle I ordered on Nov.18 that I wouldnt get it in time for Christmas. They had no PS3s or I would of got one oh well.

We went shopping at TRU Wed. and asked the sales person when they would have some and he said......"I don't know". When noone was around my dh went back up to the guy and said...."come on, you know if you're going to have some Friday or not. I don't want to come here early if you're not going to have any." The guy just kind of laughed and said, "come Friday early and get in line.......we will have some........and don't tell anyone". He was right they did have them. This morning my dh saw the same guy after he bought the wii and he said.........."I told ya we would have some". lol

I just want to say that we opened the Wii yesterday to test it and download the updates (which takes a bit of time). We had a BALL playing with it. It is a gift for my grandson but my grown son really had fun it with and I had to try out the bowling and baseball. The sports games are a really good way to test the system out. There are so many cute features that I didn't know about. One is the Mii set up. You create your own characters by selecting facial features, colors, height, (and width!). You can also send email, view the internet, buy more games, etc. etc. My grandson is 10 and I think he will love this gift at Christmas!

Well guys i thought i was going to have to wait until suday after a bad friday morning.... But my day became a very good one quickly.... I got home at 3:00 and decided to call all the TRU to see if they were going to have them sunday. The first one i called ( the one i waited at in the morning ) said "OH we just sold 16 of them, they came through UPS around 1:00." I was pissed. So i figured why not call the others. Next one i call says that they got their UPS shipment around 2:30, and they had 10 left. This is what the lady told me word for word, "HONEY YOU BETTER GET OUT THAT HOUSE QUICK IF YOU WANT ONE THEM WIIIIIs". I hauled to the store and with some wonderful luck finaly had my WII.

I wish all of you good luck on your hunts, because mine ended with complete luck.

P.S. The guy at the Bestbuy told me they WERE going to have 42 of them on Sunday as long as the truck didnt blow up, because he said the computer showed them on the way.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I noticed yesterday that Amazon cancelled the bundle I ordered so I called customer service and they said it was because they weren't going to be able to fullfill it. When I opened my email this morning, they sent an email saying they could send me the console only next week with a $50 Amazon gift card for my trouble. I, of course, replied yes. (Not sure if this was in reply to the call or just standard procedure for their Wii over orders) I also checked on my Wal-Mart, impulse mom-guilt buy, bundle and the console and 1 game are arriving Monday and all ohers say cancelled next to them so I assume that means I won't be paying for them. So if I end up with 2 consoles, I guess I have to decide which one to return (I am not an ebayer) but I'd rather have that dilemna than no Wii on Christmas morning:)

I was able to get a Wii remote controller (non nunchuck) at FYE yesterday. I checked on a whim because all the electronic/department stores just laughed when I asked. So I echo the "it pays to ask" advice.

I have SUCCESS!!!! :D (I think)

I never replied to the Amazon email to confirm the date change so they canceled ON ME...:eek:

So as a courtesy they said...(have no confirmation yet)....they are going to sell me the console only, ship it before Nov 27th, (free shipping) plus they gave me 50.00 off a future order from Amazon.

Now to see if it comes thru.:cheesy::tired:

game stop has the bundle now and is shipping december 8. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020070E&affid=99999&sourceid=qIZmRWhqzEQnAbyt@1dk&siteid=0029142523

$694.88

This Nintendo Wii Most Wanted bundle includes the following items:

Nintendo Wii system (system, remote controller, nunchuck, stand, sensor and Wii Sports)

Wii 1 Gigabyte Memory Card

1 additional Wii Remote Controller

Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Red Steel

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Madden NFL 2007

1 Year Product Replacement Plan

12 Month Game Informer Gift Subscription

Sbixby, I noticed you got the same message. We also called amazon just to see if it was a legit email...you just never know.;)

They assured me it was correct and now I am waiting to hear from them.

It does say they will be shipping the week of Nov 27th....so we will see.

I guess for all of you keep your eyes peeled on amazon this week.:yup: