Don't forget about the $149 eMachines deal from BF2005

psnarula

many of those who got the $149 eMachines deal last year were able to enhance the deal by returning the monitor the next day (myself included).

here's the story:

the monitor and the desktop rang up as two separate items -- the monitor was regular price at $110 and then the desktop was discounted by several hundred dollars and it sold at $40. normally when best buy sells desktops at low prices, they have mail in rebates that require consumers to purchase both the desktop and the monitor in a package deal. the rebates would be invalidated if the consumer returned either the monitor or the desktop. a lot of the BF deals at BB do have MIRs but generally the deals on the front page of the flyer have no mail in rebates (this was the case for both the $149 eMachines and the $380 Toshiba laptop last year).

so if you see a similar deal this year, you could get the desktop for $40 like I did last year. after returning the monitor, i sold the desktop on craigslist for $250. :D

man, i tried to return a flat panel to like 4 places with out the receipt and they wouldnt let me, are you telling me on the receipt they just said oh ok you paid $40 for the machine, and 110 for the monitor, ok i will accept that monitor, geez what an idiot i am. I should of done that

Yes, I was looking for this deal, but I never got it! I start standing in the line at 4-5 am, but there already 50 ahead of me.

You need to get there around 7pm the night before to get a chance of getting one last year. I know some of us got there around 11pm the night before and they were ok.

Hey how do you like them? I plan to get a cheap laptop on BF because i need something extra to do my homework in.

I love the desktop and laptop both. They are EMachine (desktop) and Gateway (laptop). Emachines were bought out by Gateway about 2 years ago and since then the Emachines have gotten much better and are built better. I have gotten emahcines for use in the house, my parents and my sister. While they are not made for heavy gamming but they are great for internet, causual and business use. I have the desktops networked in the house by a secure wireless network.

The laptop I said is a Gateway and I use it very heavy for business. I also want to add that I do use GIS mapping programs on it for the type of work I am in. It is very heavy graphics and both handle it well.

I love the desktop and laptop both. They are EMachine (desktop) and Gateway (laptop). Emachines were bought out by Gateway about 2 years ago and since then the Emachines have gotten much better and are built better. I have gotten emahcines for use in the house, my parents and my sister. While they are not made for heavy gamming but they are great for internet, causual and business use. I have the desktops networked in the house by a secure wireless network.

The laptop I said is a Gateway and I use it very heavy for business. I also want to add that I do use GIS mapping programs on it for the type of work I am in. It is very heavy graphics and both handle it well.

Cool! Now i have to keep an eye out for a laptop this year at Bestbuy and get some warm clothes for staying up late so I can actually grab one this year.

Do any of the other stores offer computers for good prices like BB? It seems like I remember Walmart doing it but then only having 5 of them in our local store.

Last year Walmart, CC, CompUSA and the office supply stores do offer good prices but last year and the year before BB was the place to be becuase of the price point.

Dang, why didn't someone mention that last year?? I would have returned my monitor, didn't need it. I was lucky last year our store was supposed to be the test market where there were no door busters. But some lady at Menards had been to BB earlier and had gotten a ticket for the laptop and regular computer. I really wanted the laptop, but she gave me the computer ticket! Then I had to go wait in line at BB for over 2 hours to get the dang thing, but I got one!

Last year we went to BB right around 930pm the night before and was about 10th in line, my husband and I took turns sitting in line,while the other slept and kept warm in the car. Its great if you can get a buddy system, especially if you live in South Dakota like myself. Our best buy starts handing out tickets around 2 am for items you are wanting to purchase, both my husband and I took a ticket for the emachine. One computer went to my son, who was overjoyed with having his very own computer. The other went to a co-worker who was to lazy to go herself, mind you there was a $100 markup after I re-sold it to her.:tongue1:

[quote name=polve;5740010. The other went to a co-worker who was to lazy to go herself' date=' mind you there was a $100 markup after I re-sold it to her.:tongue1:[/quote]

:smart: I like that one. I will have to do that this year I always have lazy friends that want me to pick things up from BF.:yup:

Go to a new(er) Best Buy like i did. Last year, I knew of a Best Buy that just opened a few months before Black Friday. I got there at 1am, and I was third in line. I could have been 2nd but it was cold. ;) I got (2) of those desktops. I'm going for the laptop deals this year.