What are the "HOT" toys off the past that you have tried to get

jellybean051901

Tickle Me Elmo(the first one) Dh stood in line for hours and only ended up with a raincheck. We got one in Feb and dh was deathly terrified of it!

My Dad stood in line for hours at Gold Circle when I was a kid for a Cabbage Patch kid. He almost had a brawl with an old lady because she tried ripping it out of his hands!:eyepoppin

Not BF but....

LOL I remember being a teen and wanting one of those non existent cabbage patch dolls :D got one too!

does that show my age or what??? lol

Heck, I'll demonstrate my age for 'ya. :D

I remember years ago (about '90-'91) when the Super Nintendo videogame system was the hottest thing anyone's ever seen. I was a young adult back then and had money saved from my first job ready to buy that thing. Apparantly, there was a major shortage by Nintendo sending units overseas. When thanksgiving came around and the day had arrived when the SNES was to be released, my goodness it was just like someone's worst BF morning. The first dozen or so people in lines at major retailers got their SNES, and the other several hundred folks got mad when they found out there wasn't any more. Later in the papers and around auction houses, people were selling SNES units for up to 4-5 times their cost. People were actual buying this thing for up to $1000 or more just so santa can being their kid one in time for christmas. :eyepoppin

I don't think I've ever seen one product cause such insanity like that before. Other than maybe the original release of 'Tickle-Me-Elmo' some years later.

Oh, and I did get an SNES about six months later after I put my name on a waiting list. Didn't get it in time for christmas, but still had a happy ending.

Cabbage Patch Kids, in '83. DD had to have one. She was 5. Was on a wait list but just before Xmas there were still hundreds of people ahead of me. I came up with this story that I had talked to Santa and there hadn't been any rain at the cabbage patch. Santa would have to wait for rain until the cabbage patch could produce more kids but he would bring hers as soon as he was able. Guess I got the call from TRU in Jan or early Feb. Wrapped it in Xmas paper and put it on her dresser so she'd see it when she woke up in the morning. She came screaming out of her bedroom saying Santa hadn't forgotten her.

Amazing the stories you can sell a 5 year old :)