Georgia Aquarium Deals?

fmdjgirl

My husband, two year old and I are going to the Georgia Aquarium either November 20th or 21st. Anyone know of any coupons, codes or deals? We looked through a package deal with hotels but honestly, it wasn't worth it.

We are only staying two days in Atlanta as we make our way to North Carolina to see family! I am excited nonetheless.

Thaks for any help. :D

No deal, but some warnings. We live an hour away and we still haven't been. Reason being is it's still packed!!! My dad and stepmother went a couple months ago and said they could barely walk through the place. Also, you need to make reservations. They only give out a limited number of "walk up" tickets a day b/c it's so packed. Most people call and make reservations.

We love aquariums and zoos, but with Lexi in her stroller, we don't want that many people bumping into her. So, we're going to wait.

No deal, but some warnings. We live an hour away and we still haven't been. Reason being is it's still packed!!! My dad and stepmother went a couple months ago and said they could barely walk through the place. Also, you need to make reservations. They only give out a limited number of "walk up" tickets a day b/c it's so packed. Most people call and make reservations.

We love aquariums and zoos, but with Lexi in her stroller, we don't want that many people bumping into her. So, we're going to wait.

We still havent been either, and for the same reasons. With 3 kids, I dont want to be so paranoid about other people that we cant enjoy it. Plus...I never know what is gonna happen, and i dont want to be stuck with reservations if i cant make it.

If you're a AAA member, you could ask them if they offer a discount? Who knows you might get 10% off or a buy one - get one free discount, it doesn't hurt to ask.

My wife and I went to the Baltimore Aquarium, we pre-purchased our tix through AAA. At the time of purchase, I didn't think the $1.50 off each ticket was a big deal....

But on the Saturday we went having pre-puchased our tickets saved us easily 90 mins. in line! :yup:

My advice is to get reservations if you still want to go.

But, if you decide not to go you could try Zoo Atlanta. DH and I love going there. And you still get to see animals, just different ones! :P

the zoo is one of our favorite places. Not only is the Zoo there, but the Cyclorama & Grant Park as well! We can easily spend a day there! (Much cheaper as well, lol)

My wife and I went to the Baltimore Aquarium, we pre-purchased our tix through AAA. At the time of purchase, I didn't think the $1.50 off each ticket was a big deal....

But on the Saturday we went having pre-puchased our tickets saved us easily 90 mins. in line! :yup:

90 minutes? Wow. That's $1.50 well spent.

You wouldn't believe the lines at the Georgia Aquarium. If you order your tickets online (on their website) they place you in time spots where you have to enter during that time, you can show up and by tickets but aren't promised tickets, you can get tickets through a hotel package (view here, http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/visitUs/hotelPackages.aspx), or you can buy the City Pass.

If you buy the City Pass or buy the hotel package the tickets aren't timed which means you can go in at anytime.

We got there at 7:30 in the morning (got up at 5:30, blah) and we were the first ones in line, but in 30 minutes (8:00 a.m.) the line was almost out in the street, it was CRAZY.

It's a great place though, please check it out. You'll need to come back and check out the new World of Coca-Cola next year, it's going to be a great place (replacing the old World of Coke over on MJK)

Let me know if you need any more information about Atlanta like where to stay, etc. - I can help you get a deal. I've got some friends in North Atlanta hotels, and some others around Atlanta. :)