What time do you get started?

KayTee

Okay, I am new here and I must say everyone has taught me alot already. Thank You! :gdthankyou: But what is a good time to get started on BF? Do you really camp out in front of the stores? :eyepoppin My friend wants me to go with her this year (as she does every year) and she is out around 5:00am and I always try to catch up a littler later. This year I want to be apart of the madness and really catch some deals. What time should I get started?:g_think:

I never camped out since I started in 03. 2003, I left the house about 5:00 am, but I got what I wanted. The next year, I left about 4:30 am. Last year, I left at 3:30 am.

If BB didn't started at 5:00 or 5:30 (forgot what time they opened), I wouldn't have left that early.

It depends what store you go to and what you want, if you want the big ticket items. You should camp out or you will miss out.

Last year I was up and out by 2 and at WM by 2:30 and I was second in line. I think it depends on the store and what you want to get. Like if you want the 149 computer at Best Buy you had better bring a tent and camp! But if your just going for the few small things a hour and a half to two hours before the doors open is plenty.

Our Wal-Mart last year had about 20 people in line already when I got there at midnite. This year I'll be camping out about 8 or 9pm.

As was said, it all depends on what store you're going to and what you plan on getting. Read about people's experiences at the store you're planning on going to, and prepare.

We always go to the 24 hour walmart first so we've never had to camp out. We just leave the house around 4am and go on in and wait with everyone else. We're just alot closer to the pallets than the people who walk in at 5:55 am. This year might be a little different though because I'm in the market for a laptop. I'm afraid I might be camping out. :eek:

Me, my cousin and her craazy friend who sings broadway musicals at the top of her lungs were at the mall parking lot at 2:00. The other people there were getting out of their cars 2 hours before it openned cause they thought I had a football team in my van she was so loud. She sang every part of the musical rent!! And I am considerably older than these girls!:P

depends on store opening time...last year walmart was 5 am..so i was there in the parking lot at 2:30 ish i think (observing line or lack of one then...and when it got a little longer i got in)...lol...i know it was before 3..i didnt get out of car til 4ish...too cold that morning...brrrr!...depeneds on whats on sale or blitzed...if its something i know is going to be very limited...ill be there very early...

Since I'm in a smaller market, I usually leave home anywhere between 2 and 3 a.m., depending on if what I want is a really hot item. Left at 2 a.m. last year for the Wal-Mart laptop and was 9th in line for 13 laptops. I would have been 1st, but decided to get my price-matching items before getting in line since we could wait inside my 24-hour Super Wal-Mart.

Last year, by midnight BB had over 30 people in line, the CC down the street had 8 in line, and the CompUSA across from CC had a huge crowd outside the doors...but they were opening their store at mn, so that explained the crowd outside there. Thankfully, we didn't want anything form CUSA. We were told that the BB line started at around 9PM because of the $149 desktop computer, so it's most likely going to depend upon what's there for doorbusters this year by store as to how early the line will form.

As for WalMart, you couldn't get me within 100 yeards of one on Black Friday....unruly crowds, no control by the store. The scenes of crowds trampling each other and fights breaking out as the hot items are thrown out to the crowds seems to repeat every year at most WM's but it never changes. Give me an orderly line, tickets for the hot items, and I'll endure the attempted upsells CC and BB do....their crowd control and orderly system for the hot items more than make up for the slightly higher prices they charge vs. WM.

As for WalMart, you couldn't get me within 100 yeards of one on Black Friday....unruly crowds, no control by the store. The scenes of crowds trampling each other and fights breaking out as the hot items are thrown out to the crowds seems to repeat every year at most WM's but it never changes. Give me an orderly line, tickets for the hot items, and I'll endure the attempted upsells CC and BB do....their crowd control and orderly system for the hot items more than make up for the slightly higher prices they charge vs. WM.

Hmmm. My Wal-Mart must be run better than those around you. It's fairly well organized now for the hot items -- orderly lines and tickets, too.

Oh, and our CC does not have an orderly crowd control or system for hot items. At least it didn't several years ago. That was the last time I set foot in CC on BF!

Before last year, I used to leave the house around 2am. It was in plenty of time to be in the front of the line at CC or Staples and get the hot items. I was going to leave last year around midnight, but figured that may be too late for the laptop I was going after.

So, last year I arrived at the CC parking lot around 8pm and I was NOT the first person in line. This year I will be in a parking lot someplace by at least 6pm, guaranteed. I don't care if I have to sit in the car and wait for a few hours before other people arrive.

I was right about the laptop issue at CC last year. We got out of our cars at about 10pm. If you weren't in line by 11pm, you didn't get one.

We never really "camp out" but that's only because there has never been anything I just HAD to have. We usually plan out our trip and get to whatever store we want to be at first about 30min before opening. Though I have camped out for other things and would be willing to do it if necessary!!!