How much do you have saved up so far for BF?

alimfp

How much do you have saved up so far for BF?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you have saved up so far for BF?

• $1 - $50
    • $51 - $100
    • $101 - $200
    • $200+
    • Credit card(s), baby!
    • NONE! Eeeks!

None. But starting next paycheck.. it's all getting saved! Six paychecks left till Black Friday!

Man that is scary only 6 to go.

I havent saved nothing either. Money is scarce for hubby & me at the moment. Actually always is. LOL Hopefully can get a little saved up cause dont have much left ont he 1 credit card we have.

You should have raised the limits. Remember alot of people spend thousands, unfortunately your poll ends at $200. If you're only spending $200 it's almost not worth the long waits.

Although it is extremely fun waiting in line, I laugh every year at the people that show up to buy the $29 mp3 player or some $4.99 movies. The wait just doesn't see to be worth it.

BTW. About $2000 mentally set aside so far. However, I'll only spend it if I can get a name brand 50" Plasma.

COME ON BEST BUY.....DON'T LET ME DOWN!!!!!

My mom has went the last 2 years with me needing NOTHING!! Just for the sport of it! That is good for me though..I can send her where I need her or just have her hang back with the cart while I grab and toss!!

Although it is extremely fun waiting in line, I laugh every year at the people that show up to buy the $29 mp3 player or some $4.99 movies. The wait just doesn't see to be worth it.

BTW. About $2000 mentally set aside so far. However, I'll only spend it if I can get a name brand 50" Plasma.

COME ON BEST BUY.....DON'T LET ME DOWN!!!!!

Not everyone is in a financial position to spend $2000. For some people that $29 mp3 player is the equivalent of a big screen TV and it is worth every bit as much.

Myself, I have about $300 in gift cards for Target and Walmart and a few other stores set aside. If they don't have what I want/need on sale there I will use them for groceries and use my grocery money for gifts.

Well, none yet. It's still two months away. The wife and I are gonna pay all our bills and get 'em all caught up, thay way our paychecks just before BF will be our spending cash. Plus, that way we don't spend it before. Things are goin' well so far so odds are we're lookin at the upper three figures ($600-700) for BF madness. :gdparanoid:

I heard somewhere- and it may have been on this site so forgive me author for not crediting you-that she would get her $$ for the week in lare bills as she broke them down she would reserve the ones and not pend them- at the end of the day all the ones came out of the wallet and into a jar, forcing her to continuosly break large bills and save the remaining singles. I am trying that, and it's not bad. I have also signed up to work 2 hours every day for October, that should get me an extra 200.00 a week? that should make it more comfortable with the spending i think?:smirk:

That is good for me though..I can send her where I need her or just have her hang back with the cart while I grab and toss!!

My Best friend and I had 2 of our uy friends do that for us last year:lol: they drove the carts and just had us tossing things over to them as we hit each item we needed- kept the carts out of the fray! This year i am tryng to get DH to go... doesn't look promising

Originally Posted by ean1879

COME ON Best Buy.....DON'T LET ME DOWN!!!!!

Not everyone is in a financial position to spend $2000. For some people that $29 mp3 player is the equivalent of a big screen TV and it is worth every bit as much.

Myself, I have about $300 in gift cards for Target and Wal-Mart and a few other stores set aside. If they don't have what I want/need on sale there I will use them for groceries and use my grocery money for gifts.

:g_thumpsu

We have been very frugal in the past BF, and I am sure that I haven't spent more than $100 each time. It's not really how much you spend (believe me - I'd love to have $2k to spend at one time), but the deals that I score that make BF successful.

My Best friend and I had 2 of our uy friends do that for us last year:lol: they drove the carts and just had us tossing things over to them as we hit each item we needed- kept the carts out of the fray! This year i am tryng to get DH to go... doesn't look promising

My husband would rather have his nails pulled out than go with me.:yuck: One year I had to go get my own christmas present. I knew what he was going to get me and Ben Franklins (kinda like michaels) had a 50% off one item. I waited in line and got my gift and saved $75. I knew he would just pay full price.:eek: I used the extra money to buy my little girl a baby annabelle:blush:

:g_thumpsu

We have been very frugal in the past BF, and I am sure that I haven't spent more than $100 each time. It's not really how much you spend (believe me - I'd love to have $2k to spend at one time), but the deals that I score that make BF successful.

I kind of want a TMX just for the sport of it!! Maybe the angel tree?:cheesy:

Arranging it so both mine and the wife's paychecks are our spendin' cash. Gotta plan months before so all our bills are gonna be paid up.

Won't exactly know 'till our paychecks come in a few days before BF, but our cash flow is expected to be well into the high three figures range. Am also expectin' hundreds in BBB from the McD's monopoly game.

About 200.00 so far, but planning on spending it on what i want again this year. Gonna send gift cards this year, shipping usually cost me around $100 so I've decided to go with the cards. I don't like it but hate the shipping and worrying about the weight for a toy I want them to have. Will buy each a toy and an outfit. Last year I shopped at stores on line that offered free shipping but they live in the boon docks so some of the items where lost at the post offices and they didn't get them until 2 weeks after christmas.

For some people that $29 mp3 player is the equivalent of a big screen TV and it is worth every bit as much.

If it's gonna save me a buck, I'm there for the $29 mp3 player too. lol. I hope they have something like that, my daughter wants one for Christmas.

As for saved up for BF, none. Hubby gets his bonus the week before BF so we usually use that. We probably won't use the whole bonus because there's not a lot of big ticket items we are after this year. Maybe a tv for the bedroom if we can find a great deal on something we want.

I have over 3000 points in my MyPoints account so I'll turn them in for Walmart GCs soon. Also, my husband will get his christmas $25 GC around Thanksgiving. He gets a Christmas bonus but they don't give that out till January. Go figure.

Im also hoping to score a GC here on Gottadeal if Brad/Ross puts them up again. With my upcoming back surgery I need all the help I can get in paying for christmas. I'll be in the hospital for 4 days and with the surgery, etc Im looking at TONS of medical bills.