Your very best deal on BF (merged)

shopping mom

This wasn't a great deal per se, but more of a good luck thing:

Last year at Wal-mart, by the time I got back to the electronics dept, all of the Game Boys were gone. I asked an employee if perhaps there any in the actual game case instead of out for BF like the rest, and she found one!!

For me--last year--one store on Thanksgiving day messed up and had those 79.99 leapster things out for 9.99---they honored the price for two of us that was told that price. Well, found out grandparents already bought one, went to take it back---they gave me 79.99 for it---I explained about the mix up on Thanksgiving morning and she thought I was crazy and said it shows for 79.99 and thats the lowest price it was. So thats what she gave me back--I was able to buy a Game Boy system for $10 instead. That was the best deal!

The $40 computer at best buy last year. Thats right :) If anyone bought the $150 computer last year and checked their receipts the monitor rung up at like $110 and the actual computer at about $40. I already had a monitor. So returned the monitor and kept a brand new PC for under $40 :)

That's a great laptop isn't it? IMHO it was better than the Walmart laptop.

Do you have sound quality issues? The ONLY thing about my laptop I don't like is that when you pop a dvd in you can barely hear it unless it is hooked up to my old desktop speakers.

Tina

Yes Tina, I have those issues too. But, I use this laptop mostly for work. An I keep my sound muted because I hate webpages singing and talking and the computer beeping/dinging at me.

Occasionally, I have played a DVD or video on here. I use my headset so I can hear it better and I don't disturb anyone that way either. The only thing I do regulary using sound, is listen to Live365 internet radio and that comes in very loud.

Do you have sound quality issues? The ONLY thing about my laptop I don't like is that when you pop a dvd in you can barely hear it unless it is hooked up to my old desktop speakers.

Tina

I don't own that laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 700m which ironically does have soundcard issues :tongue1:

BF 2002 I got an eMachines desktop for $99 AR at Best Buy. The funny thing is I didn't go for the desktop as it was listed at $299 in the ad. While waiting in line the store employees stated a second rebate was available which brought the price down to $99 so I grabbed one.

BF 2002 I got an eMachines desktop for $99 AR at Best Buy. The funny thing is I didn't go for the desktop as it was listed at $299 in the ad. While waiting in line the store employees stated a second rebate was available which brought the price down to $99 so I grabbed one.

Considering that was nearly 4 years ago and getting a desktop computer for $99 AR, that's a VERY hot deal.

Do you still use that computer?