How long are you out on BF?

cleverbffool

Well I never camp out, I get up at about 5 am and am home usually by 11 am.

I get there just as or right after the store opens, I usually find everything I want -1 or 2 items. It helps that I never go after high tech stuff :)

I really just go out for the excitement, so I don't need to camp out. I did that one year with my SIL, she was pushed and tripped getting into Walmart and me, the rookie, had to use my shopping cart to barricade her away from the stampede, LOL. But it was fun. Lots of interesting things happen in those lines, people get VERY testy when they haven't had their beauty sleep - including me, who speaks very little Spanish but somehow found enough to translate in rather colorful language the discontent of the early birds to a woman trying to cut the line pretending to speak no English. But probably my scary expression made her listen more than my Spanish. So another reason I don't camp out!

Depends last year we left out house at 2am the year before we didn't leave till 5. The deals determine how soon or late we leave. We get back Sunday afternoon! LOL DH and I leave the kids with my parents after diner, we take a nap and then hit the stores around us. Then we pack the truck and head to Rehoboth Beach , DE and hit those outlets, then we stay in Ocean City, MD for their shoppers fest till Sunday. Its our favorite weekend of the year!!

In the past, I've only done Wal-Mart as that's the only store close to FIL's. This year I may just try online shopping, it depends on if there are items I feel I have to have in my hand on BF, or if I can take the chance on missing out on the item ith my slow connection.

So, I usually leave FIL's for Wal-Mart at 4:00 AM, and generally am back by 9:00 AM.

I normally wake up and am out the door no later than 4:30am We go to Walmart and Toys R Us then to breakfast and home so I am normally home by 9 or 10 am. It probably will be earlier this year since Walmart isnt doing their layaways any longer. I went yesterday and did dd's shopping. I will only have to get her a large gift and them I will be done.

My Mother and my three sisters and I all start at WalMart at 5:00am :gdmornincoffee: and then Mom goes home to watch the grandkids, :g_help: the 4 girls shop some more, :gdrunner: and then meet up with our Dad for lunch,:7beer: shop some more :gdrunner: and get to our respective homes usually between 8:30pm-9:00pm at which point we all go right to bed. :gdsleep3: We have been doing this for 40+ years and we love it!!! :gdinlove:

last year compusa had a midnight madness sale on the eve of BF. so i got there at about 5pm thanksgiving night, was third in line. after i got my goods went right to the next store at about 1am and just waited in line until it opened at 7am. went to a couple more stores and ended up at home around 11am. i had a ton of loot and it was a lot of fun.