Tips on planning trip to Walt Disney World

JazzMama

My husband and I have finally decided to try to plan a trip to Walt Disney World during Christmas 07.

We'd like to go ahead and start saving up and planning our stay. Does anyone have any tips on who to contact for hotel/ticket/possible dining packages or how to get some really good discounts?

We haven't decided whether or not we'll fly or drive, but any tips on airline tickets would be greatly appreciated also.

Please reply or PM me with any information or links. TIA!

www.mousesavers.com is another good site and there's a monthly newletter (if you sign up) that has special discounts.

I will have to second mousesavers.com. It is the first site I go to when planning a Disney trip. Mary gives great advice on hotels as well as the latest discounts on hotels/car/air. She also has lots of good pointers for first time visitors.

The Dis (www.wdwinfo.com) has a great forum for everything Disney. If you have questions, they have answers.

Good luck with the planning and have fun!

I will have to second mousesavers.com. It is the first site I go to when planning a Disney trip. Mary gives great advice on hotels as well as the latest discounts on hotels/car/air. She also has lots of good pointers for first time visitors.

Yes! mousesavers.com was a VERY useful resource for us. The newsletter gave a "heads up" tip regarding Priceline hotel rooms when I was planning for the last trip to WDW.....I ended up staying in the park for $36 a night...which is unheard of!!

Cast Member here: If you have anyone working for Disney, they can get you discounts on resorts as much as 50%-75% off. Since you are coming Christmas, you can probably only get 20% if it is not withing the Cast Member Block Out dates. So hunt down a Cast Member if possible. Also, you MUST go to Epcot and watch Chrismas Processional. It's really good. Arrive 30 minutes early, for the first show, for a good seat. Don't forget, Disney has a Christmas Day Parade on Christmas Day which I was in last year. It's taped at the begining of December I think. I skipped work twice to be taped. Bwahahahaha... ummmmm I don't have any more advice. I'll post if I think of something else.

- Metallica_Band