Which stores tend to sell out faster?

outnumbered

Most of my list can be divided between two stores, and the two items that top my list are also divided. In my case, it's Sears and Radio Shack, but I'm sure that many of us have some much-wanted items at multiple stores, some of which open at the exact same time. In my mall, both Sears and Radio Shack open at 6 am and I'm wondering if one of them is more known for selling out quickly. I'd like to get the $10 gift card at Sears, for being one of the first 200 customers, but not if it's going to cost me my Radio Shack items (when the Sears items will still be there)...kwim?

So, if any store tends to sell out of their deals really quickly, how about posting that info so we are all warned ahead of time? In my experience, Kmart has very few of their advertised items and sells out FAST.

OfficeMax sells out faster because they historically don't get enough of their sale items. My Staples usually has stock on most things I want, even when I get there at 9 or 10. Circuit City runs out of stuff..

Last year I tried to get the $10 Care Bear plush at WM around 9:30 or so, and they were sold out!

Last year staples was encoraging shoppers to use their in store kiosk to order items that were not in stock or sold out.

Best Buy sells out the fastest IMHO. I went there one time and it was insane and not really worth it although I did manage to grab my first Acer 8x cd burner before some guy grabbed it and it was the last one on the shelf.

My experience with Best Buy has been that they do sell out quickly, but we've always been nearly first in line, YET their employees are the absolute BEST on BF!!! They are so nice and fun and walk down the line and chat and laugh before the store opens. Once youre inside, they are strategically placed and asking "what item are you looking for?" and pointing you in the direction of the items quickly. Its very ordered chaos...LOL. Anyway, thats been my experience with Best Buy in Macon Ga.

So if everyone is stampeding to Best Buy...does that mean Radio Shack won't sell out too fast? I want to get my 15 y/o sister that cheap mp3 player. Actually I'd like the BB one better, but it's $30 after rebate, normally $100, and I don't have a spare $100 to shell out initially for it, so I'll have to get the one that's $30 up front. Anyway...almost all the other stuff I'm getting is at Sears but she wants an mp3 player so badly, I want to be a cool big sis and get it for her. Argh, decisions, decisions...who will run out faster...Sears or Radio Shack...LOL, it's amazing how much planning I'm putting into this.

Best Buy and Circuit City are madhouses. I really think Sears would be more of a madhouse than Radio Shack, but you never know.

Alot of this has to do with your location. When we'd do BF in Williamsburg, VA, you had to be there about 1.5 hours early and you were in good shape. In Frederick, MD, you have to be there 4 hours early, AT LEAST, to get in good shape.

In my expierence, the stores that sell out the quickest, in my area, are Walmart, Circuit City and Best Buy. All three are total madhouses but Best Buy does have everything under control, as well as Circuit CIty but they have alot of misgivings about thier price matching. Walmart is just total chaos.

Nooooo don't say Circuit City will be a madhouse :(

Circuit City will be empty because their ad has not been leaked early so no one is makiing plans to shop there :-).

BTW, I trust that it's just that no one has leaked their ad, and not that their lawyers did a pre-emptive strike and told the BF sites not to even consider posting the ad. That still would not stop the spurious posts from showing up.

Last year I went to CC, Office Max, and EB Games in NC. I got to CC about an hour early. I got pretty much everything I wanted even though I was like 150th in line. Things sold out relatively quickly though. I'm just about certain that 90% of their sale items were sold out by 7am. Then I rushed over to Office Max since they open at 7am. I got there at about 6:20am and was about 75th in line. I got everything I wanted there and then went to EB Games. They dont have too many good sale items there so their store had almost no one in there. The cashier screwed up the sale and gave it to me for half off the bf prices. So it was definitly worth going there. I got two gamecube games for 5 dollars apiece. This year I want to go to CompUSA, has anyone else gone there in the past? Do you think it will be crowded? How fast do you think they will sell out and what time should I get there?